Large Parcel Tree Planting
District of Columbia Department of Energy & Environment (DOEE)
Grant amount: Up to US $300,000
Anticipated deadline: Jun 7, 2019 1:30pm PDT
Applicant type: For-Profit Business Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: District of Columbia
Location of residency: District of ColumbiaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The District of Columbia Department of Energy and Environment (“DOEE”) is soliciting grant applications from eligible entities (called “Applicants”). The goal of this RFA is to work towards the District's goal to increase tree canopy cover to 40 percent by 2032 by planting an additional 1,500 trees through the development and implementation of canopy plans for large private, public, and federal parcels in the District.
The project period is two years. The grant may be amended to increase scope and duration based on the availability of funds and the selected grantee's performance. The WATERSHED PROTECTION DIVISION (“WPD”) of DOEE will administer this RFA.
Purpose of the Grants
The purpose of these grants is to:
- perform outreach to large parcel landowners to identify tree planting opportunities in the District of Columbia;
- develop and implement planting plans;
- maintain newly planted trees; and
- as appropriate, engage community members and organizations and landholders throughout the process.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The following are eligible to apply:
- Nonprofit organizations, including those with IRS 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) determinations;
- Faith-based organizations;
- Private Enterprises.
- Typical allowable costs are:
- Rental of office space, some vehicles, and some equipment;
- Employee salaries and benefits;
- Contractor labor, including professional services;
- Accounting and bookkeeping services;
- Communications, including telephone and data services;
- Printing, reproduction, including signage;
- Materials and supplies;
- Computers and printers;
- Small tools;
- Some field equipment, typically below $5,000 in value;
- Postage and shipping;
- Necessary travel, meals and lodging; and
- Non-Allowable costs include:
- Most major equipment, like vehicles;
- Lobbying, including salaries and overheads and out-of-pocket expenses;
- Interest payments on loans;
- Most food; and
- Land purchases
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Large Parcel Tree Planting by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.