Laura Hare Charitable Trust Grants
Laura Hare Charitable TrustSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $150,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Preferred: Indiana Other eligible locations: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The mission of the Laura Hare Charitable Trust is to enhance Indiana’s natural environment through preservation and stewardship of ecologically significant natural areas and the promotion of environmental education, stewardship and awareness initiatives.
Funding has been awarded to land acquisition projects and land stewardship activities to protect and restore ecologically significant areas. These projects have been distributed through the state of Indiana with several properties being designated State Nature Preserves through IDNR. Most projects are completed in cooperation with other funding sources to result in significant leveraging of limited Trust resources.
Environmental education remains an important area of interest for the Trust. Eligible organizations must have a primary purpose related to preserving and protecting ecologically significant lands. Thus, environmental education projects are limited to those organizations that meet this criterion.
The Trust awards funds in four focus areas:
- Land Acquisition
- Environmental Education/Access
- Environmental Restoration
- Environmental Stewardship
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are awarded to eligible not-for-profit organizations with a record of environmental protection, preservation, stewardship, and education and with a primary purpose related to preserving and protecting natural ecologically significant lands.
- The service area of the Laura Hare Charitable Trust is focused in the State of Indiana, but not limited to such.
- The Trust favors projects that protect and preserve large parcels of ecologically significant land to create contiguous mosaics of protected natural areas.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Laura Hare Charitable Trust Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.