Laurel Foundation Grant
Laurel FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $500 - US $50,000
Next anticipated deadline: Apr 1, 2020
Later anticipated deadlines: Oct 1, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Pennsylvania: Allegheny County, Armstrong County, Beaver County, Butler County, Fayette County, Greene County, Indiana County, Lawrence County, Washington County, Westmoreland County Show all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Note: Organizations are advised to carefully review this website to gauge the Foundation’s possible interest prior to submitting a full proposal. If there is uncertainty, a brief, one-page letter of inquiry may be sent to the President, including a summary of the project and related costs.
Laurel Foundation was established in 1951 by Cordelia S. May, who served as Chairman until her death in 2005. The Foundation perpetuates Mrs. May’s philanthropic vision, which reflects her Pittsburgh heritage and her desire to preserve and promote the region’s culture, environment, and rich history.
Concentrating its grantmaking primarily in Pittsburgh and southwestern Pennsylvania, the principal funding areas include:
- arts and culture,
- environment and conservation,
- vocational education, and
- community development/beautification.
With an emphasis on outcomes and accountability, grants will focus on programs that offer long-term benefits for participants and the community.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Laurel Foundation concentrates its grantmaking in Pittsburgh and southwestern Pennsylvania.
- The Foundation awards grants only to organizations that are classified as tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- The Foundation favors programs that foster individual responsibility and self-sufficiency, exhibit a commitment to sound fiscal and program management, implement collaborative efforts, and demonstrate measurable outcomes.
- Individuals are not eligible for funding, nor are grants made for scholarships or fellowships.
- Social and cultural organizations whose services fall outside the Greater Pittsburgh area are not encouraged to submit a request.
- The Foundation does not ordinarily approve consecutive-year grants, preferring instead to monitor the status of a program prior to additional funding approval.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Laurel Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.