Lauren Townsend Memorial Wildlife/Scholarship Fund
The Denver Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $8,000
Anticipated deadline: May 18, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, General Operating Expense
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Lauren Townsend Memorial Wildlife Fund Grants
The Lauren Townsend Memorial Wildlife Fund was established in 1999 by the family of Lauren Townsend, a vibrant and inspiring young woman who was a class valedictorian and co-captain of the girls’ volleyball team at Columbine High School. Lauren was one of 13 victims killed in the shootings on April 20, 1999.
Lauren worked at an animal hospital and loved everything from wolves to spiders and any other animal that needed protection. “We established the fund to honor Lauren’s love for animals and learning,” said Dawn Anna, Lauren’s mother. She would be humbled to know that she is still able to help others even after her death.
The fund awards grants to nonprofit organizations that focus on animal welfare or wildlife preservation. Organizations that need funding for a specific project and smaller nonprofit organizations are particularly encouraged to apply. Agencies that have received awards in the past are welcome to apply again
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Fund awards grants to nonprofit organizations nationwide that focus on animal welfare or wildlife preservation.
- Organizations with 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status that focus on animal welfare or wildlife preservation are eligible to apply for funding.
- Grant requests must be for programs operating in the United States.
- Agencies that have received awards in the past are welcome to apply again.
- Organizations that need funding for a specific project and smaller nonprofit organizations are particularly encouraged to apply.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Lauren Townsend Memorial Wildlife/Scholarship Fund by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.