Lawrence Foundation Grant
The Lawrence FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: More than US $5,000
Next deadline: Oct 31, 2019 9:59pm PDT
Later deadlines: Apr 30, 2020 9:59pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Lawrence Foundation is a private family foundation focused on making grants to support environmental, human services and other causes.
The Lawrence Foundation was established in mid-2000. We make both program and operating grants and do not have any geographical restrictions on our grants. Nonprofit organizations that qualify for public charity status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or other similar organizations are eligible for grants from The Lawrence Foundation.
Grant Amount and Types
Grants typically range between $5,000 - $10,000. In some limited cases we may make larger grants, but that is typically after we have gotten to know your organization over a period of time. We also generally don’t make multi-year grants, although we may fund the same organization on a year by year basis over a period of years.
General operating or program/project grant requests within our areas of interests are accepted.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- An applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code or have a fiscal sponsor that has 501(c)(3) status and provides written authorization confirming its willingness to act as the fiscal sponsor.
- Engage in work that aligns with the Foundation’s funding interests and priorities.
- To date we have funded organizations that address the following areas of interest:
- Environment (US headquartered organizations operating programs in the US or elsewhere in the world),
- Human Services
- Disaster relief (US headquartered organizations responding to disasters in the US or elsewhere in the world on an occasional basis),
- Other (US headquartered organizations operating programs in the US or elsewhere in the world).
- The foundation does not make grants to individuals, international charitable organizations that are not qualified in the US or to for-profit businesses.
- The foundation does not typically make grants for the following purposes. Requests to fund the following purposes are likely to be denied:
- Computers or software,
- Audio or video equipment,
- Designing and producing videos, kiosks or promotional material,
- Music programs or musical instruments,
- Gardening programs or equipment,
- Physical education programs or equipment,
- Recreational programs,
- Theater arts or performance arts programs or equipment,
- Hospice or old age home programs,
- Religious, charter or magnet schools
- Individuals for any purpose,
- International organizations that do not have a qualified domestic 501(c)(3) representative,
- Political lobbying activities or other political purposes,
- Voter registration,
- Private foundations,
- Dinners, balls, or other ticketed events,
- Purposes outside of the foundation's funding priorities as listed in the prior section.
- Please also note that Program Related Investments are not currently made.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Lawrence Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.