Blue Safety Net Grant
Independence Blue Cross FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $100,000
Anticipated deadline: Jul 26, 2020
Applicant type: Hospital / Clinic
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Pennsylvania: Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia County
Location of residency: Counties in Pennsylvania: Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Strengthening health care by strengthening the health care safety net
Since 2011, the Blue Safety Net program has awarded more than $18 million to community health centers that:
- Increase access to care in medically underserved communities
- Improve patient coordination and communication among community health centers
- Develop innovative approaches that achieve sustainability
- Promote projects that address specific health care gaps and obstacles to care
Blue Safety Net grants are awarded to support the following:
- General operations. These grants support operating expenses that are critical in the delivery of care.
- Special projects. These grants support projects or programs that seek to expand access to health care within a defined population, improve chronic conditions, reduce specific health care disparities, and/or educate parents to encourage appropriate use of medical resources.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible for a Blue Safety Net grant, an organization must:
- Be a nonprofit, privately-funded health clinic or health center (note: a clinic may receive federal funding as part of its revenues)
- Provide free or nominal-fee primary medical, dental, or vision services to the uninsured and underserved
- Be located in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, or Philadelphia county
- Have a mission that aligns with that of the Independence Blue Cross Foundation
- Meet the general eligibility requirements of the Independence Blue Cross Foundation
- We do not fund:
- Grants to individuals;
- Endowments ;
- Award dinners ;
- Fund-raising events;
- Capital construction ;
- Conferences, seminars, trips, or camps;
- Political causes, candidates, organizations, or capital campaigns;
- Sports teams;
- Religious groups for religious purposes;
- Organizations that do not align with the mission and goals of the IBC Foundation.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Blue Safety Net Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.