BCBSMS Foundation: Healthy School Awards
Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi Foundation
Grant amount: US $25,000 - US $50,000
Deadline: Oct 26, 2018
Applicant type: Public Elementary / Secondary School
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Mississippi
Location of residency: MississippiView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi Foundation’s Healthy School Awards recognizes and rewards public schools with health policies and programs that promote healthy eating, physical activity, staff wellness, tobacco-free lifestyles among students and staff, and parental and community involvement. The criteria for this award are based on state and national school health standards. The criteria for this award are based on state and national school health standards.
- Category 1: 900 or more students
- Category 2: 501-899 students
- Category 3: 500 or fewer students
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Healthy School Awards is open to public K-12 schools physically located in Mississippi.
- The Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi Foundation invites all K-12 public schools to apply for the Healthy School Awards.
- If your school is one that promotes health, you are eligible to be recognized and rewarded for your efforts in establishing a healthy school environment
- Many schools may not meet all the criteria or have all the policies in place that the application suggests. However, the winning schools will be those that have made the most strides in creating a healthy school environment and demonstrated the highest level of commitment to a healthy school culture.
- The Healthy School Awards is a school-level recognition award. School districts are not eligible to apply.
- Schools receiving the “Healthiest School” award designation are ineligible to submit an award application for three years following their award year.
- Schools receiving the “Healthy School” award may submit an application, but will only be eligible for the “Healthiest School” award for a three year period.
- If a “Healthy School” award winner does not win a “Healthiest School” award within the three year period, the school is again eligible for the “Healthy School” award.
- The award may only be used to improve a school’s health and wellness efforts, not to fund existing or new athletic programs or teams.
- The plan of expenditure must be approved by the Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi Foundation and cannot be used to fund grant programs currently funded by the Foundation or in conjunction with awards funded by other entities.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the BCBSMS Foundation: Healthy School Awards by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.