IBC Foundation: Nurses for Tomorrow - Nursing Education Grants
Independence Blue Cross FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $2,500
Fields of work: Nursing
Applicant type: College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: Counties in Pennsylvania: Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia County
Location of residency: Counties in Pennsylvania: Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia CountyView website Save
About this funder:
Note: This is an invitation-only grant program. The annual invitation-only application period occurs in the beginning of each calendar year. Academic institutions that meet all of our eligibility requirements can contact us for more information about this program.
Nursing Education Grants
The Nurses for Tomorrow grant program awards grants to accredited nursing schools in southeastern Pennsylvania to fund scholarships for undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral nursing students. Academic institutions that meet the Foundation’s general eligibility requirements may apply for scholarship grants for their undergraduate, graduate, and/or doctoral nursing programs.
To date, the Foundation has awarded $10 million in Nurses for Tomorrow grants to 24 nursing schools which provided scholarships to nearly 3,000 nursing students.
In 2019, the Foundation expanded the Nurses for Tomorrow grant program to support the diverse pipeline of future nurse researchers and educators. Academic institutions currently funded through the Nurses for Tomorrow grant program may apply for additional funding for community-based research projects at the graduate and/or doctoral level.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Nurses for Tomorrow grant program eligibility requirements
- Academic institutions that meet the Foundation’s general eligibility requirements may apply for scholarship grants for their undergraduate, graduate, and/or doctoral nursing programs.
- Nursing programs must also be fully accredited by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing in order to receive funding.
- General eligibility guidelines
- To be eligible for a grant, a requesting organization must meet the following requirements:
- Be classified as tax-exempt nonprofit under Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code
- Be located in and/or serve the five counties in southeastern Pennsylvania: Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties
- Have a mission that aligns with the goals and funding priorities of the IBC Foundation
- Be able to identify specific, measurable, short and long-term goals for the project
- Additional requirements for scholarship recipients
- We award grants directly to eligible academic institutions and are not involved in the student selection process.
- Nursing students seeking a Nurses for Tomorrow scholarship should contact their nursing program advisor or institution’s financial aid office.
- In disbursing the scholarships, the academic institution is required to select recipients who meet the following conditions:
- Have a permanent residence in the Greater Philadelphia region. The Greater Philadelphia region is comprised of 11 counties within three states: New Castle County in Delaware; Burlington, Camden, Gloucester, Mercer, and Salem counties in New Jersey; and Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties in Pennsylvania.
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, refugee or qualified immigrant.
- Be a full-time student enrolled in an accredited undergraduate program for an undergraduate scholarship, or
- Be enrolled in an accredited master level degree program (MN, MSN) for a graduate scholarship, or
- Be enrolled in an accredited doctoral of nursing practice or PhD degree program for a doctoral scholarship.
- Be in good academic standing.
- Comply with all required reporting.
- We do not fund:
- Grants to individuals
- Award dinners
- Fund-raising events
- Capital construction
- Conferences, seminars, trips, or camps
- Political causes, candidates, organizations, or capital campaigns
- Sports teams
- Religious groups for religious purposes
- Organizations that do not align with the mission and goals of the IBC Foundation
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”