LCCF: Community Disaster Relief Fund
Lake County Community FundSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Immigrant Services Health Care Access & Delivery Economic Services & Development Poverty Alleviation & Services Disaster Relief / Humanitarian Aid Basic Human Needs
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: Lake County, Colorado
Location of residency: Lake County, ColoradoView website Save
About this funder:
About the Community Disaster Relief Fund
Hosted by The Lake County Community Fund, the Community Disaster Relief Fund helps strengthen our community and respond immediately to crisis situations such as the current novel coronavirus (COVID-19). The Fund distributions are determined by Lake County Office of Emergency Management and Lake County Public Health with consultation from Lake County Human Services, Lideres Latinoamericanos Leadville, and partner non-profit, service organizations.
- The Community Disaster Relief Fund will offer flexible resources to organizations in our area working within our community who are disproportionately impacted by coronavirus and the economic consequences of this outbreak.
- The fund will supplement the local health department, and the local human services department, and non-profit efforts to serve all of Lake County as they handle cases related to the impact of COVID-19.
- Approved fund requests will go to meet direct client needs through organizations that have deep roots in the community and strong experience working with residents without health insurance and/or access to sick days, people with limited English language proficiency, healthcare and part-time workers, and our diverse communities, among others.
- The first phase of rapid-response funding will increase resiliency in disproportionately affected communities by addressing the economic impact of reduced and lost work due to the broader COVID-19 outbreak, and the immediate needs of economically vulnerable populations caused by COVID-19 related closures.
- Great care will be taken to avoid duplication of funding efforts and putting state or federal funding at risk for the recipient.
- The expectation is to respond to funding requests within the next few days.
Please contact the Lake County Community Fund to make sure we are aware of your needs and will pass them along to Lake County Office of Emergency Management and Public Health to keep them in mind as the fund disbursement process progresses and needs become more clear.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.