Lincoln COVID-19 Response Fund
Lincoln Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Immigrant Services Minority Services Youth Services Senior Services Economic Services & Development Health Care Access & Delivery Poverty Alleviation & Services Basic Human Needs Disaster Relief / Humanitarian Aid Show all
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Lancaster County, Nebraska
Location of residency: Lancaster County, NebraskaView website Save
About the Lincoln COVID-19 Response Fund
Hosted by the Lincoln Community Foundation, the Lincoln COVID-19 Response Fund will award operating grants on a rolling basis to nonprofits that support vulnerable populations impacted by the pandemic. Individual donors, institutions, companies, and other funders are encouraged to contribute to the Fund.
A coalition of partners, including the City of Lincoln, the Lincoln Community Foundation, the United Way of Lincoln and Lancaster County, the Lincoln Partnership for Economic Development, the Community Health Endowment, and other philanthropic and business partners, will work collaboratively to ensure the Fund has maximum reach and effectiveness.
What are the focus areas of the fund?
The first phase of grants will leverage relationships with nonprofits working with disproportionately affected communities, and are working to address:
- The economic impact of reduced and lost work.
- Immediate needs of economically vulnerable populations caused by COVID-19 related closures (e.g., access to food, emergency housing, emergency financial assistance with rent and mortgage, among others).
- Increased demand for medical information and support.
Operating grants will be awarded to nonprofits in Lincoln that have strong experience with those most impacted by the crisis, including but not limited to:
- Residents without or with limited health insurance and/or access to paid sick leave.
- Hourly, restaurant, and other service industry workers.
- Health care workers.
- Lincoln’s senior-age population.
- Citizens experiencing or vulnerable to homelessness.
- Communities with limited English language proficiency, communities of color.
- Other populations that may be vulnerable.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Lincoln COVID-19 Response Fund will prioritize community-based organizations serving Lincoln.
- Based upon the charitable structure of the Lincoln COVID-19 Response Fund, our grants are limited to 501c3 public charities, groups fiscally sponsored by a 501c3 public charity, or other charitable organizations able to receive a tax-deductible contribution, such as schools, faith-based organizations, and other public entities.
- We are not able to fund individuals or businesses directly, labor unions, or other 501c4, 501c5, and 501c6 organizations.