Leach Foundation Grant
Tom and Frances Leach FoundationSuggest an update
Predicted deadline: Jun 30, 2021
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $300,000
Fields of work: Health & Medicine Education Humanities & Social Science Performing Arts Human & Social Services Visual Arts Artist Training & Development Public / Community Art Media Arts Art History Show all
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program, Research
Location of project: North Dakota
Location of residency: North DakotaView website Save
About this funder:
The Tom & Frances Leach Foundation, Inc. is committed to sustaining vibrant, healthy communities where all people have the opportunities and means to achieve their dreams and make a positive difference in the world. Through our grants, we support effective organizations that are creating significant, lasting and transformational change either through smart and innovative responses to today's needs or through systematic solutions that address the root causes of economic and societal challenges.
The Foundation provides single and multi-year grants to support nonprofit organizations through direct program funding and general operating grants, as well as endowments, scholarships and capital campaigns. A significant portion of our grantmaking is geographically focused in the Bismarck-Mandan area and Western North Dakota.
Education - A quality education is the foundation for self-sufficiency, preparing young people for success in life.
- Educational Opportunities - Our education goal is for all of North Dakota's children, regardless of the socio-economic status, to be equipped with the building blocks for lifelong learning and healthy social-emotional development. We support high-performing schools and evidence-based programs that have the capacity to make dramatic educational gains for all students. Our commitment to providing excellent educational opportunities spans from early childhood through secondary education.
Health & Science
- Facilities/Clinics - We aim to increase and improve the availability of superior medical care by supporting hospitals primarily in the Bismarck-Mandan and Western North Dakota areas.
- Mental Health - Our goal is to support those with mental illness by sponsoring education, advocacy and community service programs. We support organizations working to expand and enhance resource options for individuals and families impacted by mental health challenges.
- Disease Specific Support - We work to improve treatment and care for patients with specific diseases by funding projects at hospitals and clinics.
The field of Human Services is broadly defined as, "uniquely approaching the objective of meeting human needs through an interdisciplinary knowledge base, focusing on prevention as well as remediation of problems, and maintaining a commitment to improving the overall quality of life of service populations."
- Quality of Life Improvement - Our Foundation supports services that help the vulnerable of all ages in the Bismarck-Mandan and Western North Dakota areas to maintain or enhance their quality of life, which may be threatened by lack of financial resources, emotional crises, disabling conditions, or an inability to protect themselves.
Arts & Humanities
Our Foundation supports preserving and expanding artistic knowledge by funding programs such as those which include or combine both arts and humanities disciplines in the visual, performing and literary fields.
Communities are built by helping them discover their cultural assets, building audiences and promoting the excellence of the creative sector. The humanities explore the nature and value of human experience through literature, history, theology, philosophy and the disciplines of social and political science.
The range of potential projects under our Arts and Humanities grants is limited only by the community's imagination.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- General policy of The Tom and Frances Leach Foundation, Inc. is to make financial contributions to organizations in Mid-Central USA which are qualified as charitable, religious, scientific, or educational, within the meaning of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954-Section 501(c)(3).
- Please note that the Foundation generally accepts only one application per grantee per year.
- Organizations receiving multi-year pledge funds are only eligible to apply for new funding in the grant cycle following receipt of their final installment payment.
- Organizations that receive multi-year grants are required to submit an interim grant report every year that they receive funding on the date listed in their grant funding letter.
- The Tom and Frances Leach Foundation Does Not Fund:
- For-profit businesses
- Organizations that do not have a Federal Tax ID Number