Learning & Leadership Grants
Next deadline: Oct 15, 2021 8:59pm PDT
Later deadlines: Jun 1, 2022 8:59pm PDT
Grant amount: US $2,000 - US $5,000
Fields of work: Teacher Development & Training
Applicant type: Teacher, Public College / University, Public Elementary / Secondary School, Faculty
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United States
With the coronavirus pandemic impact continuing to unfold, we are committed to supporting educators, students, and school communities during this extraordinary time.
We encourage you to use these applications to request support for ongoing response efforts to needs that emerged or worsened due to the pandemic, as well as for racial equity work. However, we'll also consider applications that do not fall into either of these categories.
We have provided funding to thousands of educators, enabling them to develop their professional practice to improve student learning.
Educators frequently need outside resources to engage in meaningful professional development due to limited district funding. Through our Learning & Leadership grants, we support the professional development of NEA members by providing grants to:
- Individuals to participate in high-quality professional development like summer institutes, conferences, seminars, travel abroad programs, or action research
- Groups to fund collegial study, including study groups, action research, lesson plan development, or mentoring experiences for faculty or staff.
Two levels of funding are available: $2,000 and $5,000. Grants fund activities for 12 months from the date of the award.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are available to current members of the National Education Association who are educators in public schools or public institutions of higher education.
- We especially encourage education support professionals* to apply.
- * Education support professionals can be classified as: para-educators, school bus drivers, maintenance and custodial staff, food services staff, school nurses and student services workers, clerical and office assistants, school security officers, and technicians.
- Grant funds can be used for travel, room, meals, registration fees, materials, etc. for individual grants.
- For group grants, funds can be used for educator stipends, substitute fees, materials, travel, meals, etc.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.
- We give preference to proposals that incorporate STEM and/or global competence in their projects.
- Unfortunately, the following groups may not apply as either the lead or partner:
- Educators who are not members of the National Education Association
- Employees, members of the board of directors, and immediate family members of the staff and board of the NEA Foundation
- Grant funds cannot be used to pay indirect costs, grant administration fees, salaries, conference fees for more than one person, or lobbying or religious purposes.