Lee County Community Foundation Grants
North Carolina Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $500 - US $1,500
Deadline: Apr 21, 2020 9:00am PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Lee County, North Carolina
Location of residency: Lee County, North CarolinaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
North Carolina Community Foundation
The NCCF is the single statewide community foundation serving North Carolina and has made $116 million in grants since its inception in 1988. With more than $222 million in assets, NCCF sustains 1,200 endowments established to provide long-term support of a broad range of community needs, nonprofit organizations, institutions and scholarships.
The NCCF partners with a network of affiliate foundations to provide local resource allocation and community assistance across the state. An important component of NCCF’s mission is to ensure that rural philanthropy has a voice at local, regional and national levels.
Lee County Community Foundation
The Lee County Community Foundation joins more than 650 community foundations in transforming our nation and our neighborhoods through the power of philanthropy.
Grants typically range from $500 to $1,400. Total grantmaking will not exceed $4,500.
Funds are available for nonprofit organizations that serve general charitable needs in Lee County.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- General NCCF eligibility:
- Organizations must be qualified as tax-exempt public charities under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or be classified as a unit of local government (including public schools).
- If your organization operates as a 501 (c)(3) public charity via a fiscal agent, your application's supporting documentation must include a letter from the fiscal agent organization that verifies the relationship and includes when the relationship was established.
- Faith-based organizations may apply for funding to support social outreach and charitable service programs to benefit the community-at-large, but they may not apply for general operating support.
- Only those organizations that serve the counties within our affiliate network will be considered. If an organization serves multiple counties within our network, that organization may complete a separate application for each of those affiliates.
- Organizations must offer programs and services without discrimination on the basis of age, race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, physical ability, sexual orientation, political affiliation or religious belief.
- Grants are not awarded for:
- Annual fund or capital campaigns
- Political purposes or lobbying
- Activities that are restricted to members of a particular faith community or promote a specific religious doctrine
- Reimbursements (This program does not support reimbursement of costs incurred prior to the deadline for submission of your application. Your request may only include costs that will occur in the future, after the submission deadline of the application.)
- Re-granting by the applicant organization
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Lee County Community Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.