Leelanau Township Community Foundation Grant
Leelanau Township Community Foundation
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Next deadline: Sep 3, 2018
Later deadlines: Nov 5, 2018, Mar 4, 2019, May 6, 2019, Jul 1, 2019
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity College / University Nonprofit Elementary / Secondary School
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Leelanau County, Michigan
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Enhancing Lives. Building Community.
Since 1945 over three and a half million dollars in grants have helped fund important programs and projects in our community. Our General Endowment Fund was the first fund created when the Leelanau Township Community Foundation was established. Grants using the interest from this endowment fund help local nonprofit organizations that sustain youth and elders, assist with education, health care, recreation and the arts. Programs and projects we fund enhance the lives of everyone in the community with a special focus on our most vulnerable populations, youth and elders.
In addition to support from the General Endowment Fund, targeted grant making programs are supported by monies from the Youth Endowment Fund.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible organizations and individuals include:
- Tax exempt nonprofits, as described under Section 501c(3) of the IRS code, that operate within Leelanau Township or serve a significant number of Leelanau Township residents.
- Local educational institutions and municipalities seeking funds for projects not otherwise tax supported.
- We give priority to proposals that:
- Address emerging or unmet needs
- Enhance cooperation and collaboration among organizations
- Take a new approach to remedy a chronic problem
- Focus on prevention
- Promote volunteerism and community involvement
- Benefit a number of people
- Encourage people to help themselves
- We don’t fund:
- Private individuals other than scholarship recipients
- Requests for assistance in eliminating existing financial obligations
- Religious programs serving a specific denomination
- Activities designed to influence legislation or an election
- Requests for multi-year grants
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Leelanau Township Community Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.