Leona Gruber Trust Grant
Leona Gruber TrustSuggest an update
Grant amount: Approximately US $2,000
Deadline: Jan 31, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Capital Project, General Operating Expense, Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Counties in Pennsylvania: Lehigh County, Northampton CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Leona Gruber Trust Grant
The Leona Gruber Trust was established under the Last Will and Testament of Leona Gruber. Mrs. Gruber’s wishes were for her residuary estate to be held in a perpetual trust, and for the income of the trust to be paid to charitable organizations serving the benefit of mankind. Born in 1913, Mrs. Gruber was a native of Allentown, and passed away in 1995.
The Leona Gruber Trust awards grants to organizations that provide the most benefit to humanity.
To support organizations in the Lehigh County and Northampton County areas of Pennsylvania that provide the most benefit to humanity such as hospitals and educational institutions.
- Average grant size: $2,000
- Average number of grants per year: 15
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are made to charitable organizations which have as their objective and which truly serve for the benefit of mankind.
- There are no geographic limitations; however, the trust has a practice of primarily supporting organizations located in Lehigh County and Northampton County, Pennsylvania.
- The Leona Gruber Trust awards grants to organizations that provide the most benefit to humanity.
- To be eligible, organizations must qualify as exempt organizations under Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Preference is given to hospitals and educational institutions and organizations, especially those established by the Roman Catholic Church, and other organizations such as YWCA, YMCA, and Boy Scouts of America.
- Preference may be given to requests for the following:
- Youth – The trust supports youth programs; particularly those that focus on “high risk” children. Preference is given to projects and programs addressing a specific need. Examples not meant to be inclusive are YWCA, YMCA, Boys’ and Girls’ Clubs, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Campfire Boys & Girls, Children’s Home, etc.
- Health Care - The trust supports local programs that target alcohol and drug abuse. They also support local hospitals and wellness programs. The trust will not directly fund medical research or fellowships.
- Community - The trust supports local programs that address the particular needs of families; particularly low-income families, single parents, and the elderly population.
- Education - The trust does not directly provide scholarships to individuals for college, graduate study, vocational, or technical training. They will consider supporting scholarship programs at local educational institutions.
- The Trust typically does not fund requests for:
- Endowment or political support
- Fundraising dinners or athletic events
- Capital improvements unless a clear need is demonstrated
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Leona Gruber Trust Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.