Les Whitt Memorial Scholarship
Zoo Conservation Outreach Group
Suggest an update
Aug 1, 2020 2:00pm PDT
Location of project:
Anywhere in the world
Location of residency:
Caribbean, Central America, South America
About this funder:
The Les Whitt Memorial Scholarship was created to honor the memory of Robert Leslie “Les” Whitt, former director of the Alexandria Zoological Park in Alexandria, Louisiana. The Award, which promotes advanced training in animal husbandry and behavioral enrichment, provides full scholarship funding to participate in either of the following Association of Zoos & Aquariums’ (AZA) professional training program courses: Animal Training Applications in Zoo and Aquarium Settings or Best Practices in Animal Keeping.
The Friends of the Alexandria Zoo (FOTAZ) provides annual funding for this scholarship award.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be employees or associates of zoological institutions or related facilities in Latin America or the Caribbean Basin.
- Applicants must possess a functional proficiency in English.
- Applicants may only submit one scholarship application per year.
- For this scholarship, preference is given to keepers or curatorial staff.
- Preference will be given to professionals early in their career or who otherwise lack access to training opportunities.
- An individual cannot be awarded the same scholarship more than once.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Les Whitt Memorial Scholarship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.