Leverhulme Trust: Major Research Fellowships
Leverhulme TrustSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £6,000
Deadline: May 15, 2020 8:00am PDT
Applicant type: Faculty Postdoctoral Researcher Research Scientist
Funding uses: Fellowship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United KingdomView website Save
Providing replacement teaching costs over two or three years, to allow academics in the humanities and social sciences to focus on a specific piece of original research.
These awards enable well-established and distinguished researchers in the humanities and social sciences to devote themselves to a single research project of outstanding originality and significance, capable of completion within two or three years.
Fellowships are particularly aimed at those who are or have been prevented by routine duties from completing a programme of original research.
The Fellowships fund the salary costs (normally starting at the most junior point of the lecturer scale at the institution concerned) of an individual to undertake the normal duties of the applicant for the duration of the Fellowship.
A Major Research Fellow may also request research expenses up to an annual maximum of £6,000. If such funds are required they must be requested as part of the application procedure.
The duration of a Fellowship is for two or three years, to start at the beginning of the 2017/18 academic year.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be employed by a university or other institution of higher education in the UK.
- They should be able to demonstrate scholarship at the highest level, but they need not already be of professorial standing.
- The Fellowships fund the salary costs (normally starting at the most junior point of the lecturer scale at the institution concerned) of an individual to undertake the normal duties of the applicant for the duration of the Fellowship.
- Ineligible costs:
- When submitting an application to the Trust, applicants are advised that the Trust does not offer funding for the following costs, and hence none of these items may be included in any budget submitted to the Trust:
- Core funding or overheads for institutions.
- Note that the Trust does not make awards on a full economic costing basis.
- Please note, however, that a proportion of overheads may be recovered through the Charity Research Support Fund (CRSF).
- This is distributed as part of the block grant to universities from the relevant UK funding council.
- Individual items of equipment over £1,000. Please consult the Frequently Asked Questions section regarding individual items of equipment with a value of £1,000 and under.
- Sites, buildings or other capital expenditure
- Contributions to appeals
- A shortfall resulting from a withdrawal of or deficiency in public finance
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Leverhulme Trust: Major Research Fellowships by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.