Lexington Area Community Foundation Grant Cycle
Foundation for the CarolinasSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $10,000
Anticipated deadline: Aug 16, 2020 9:00am PDT
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity College / University Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Davidson County, North Carolina
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The mission of the Lexington Area Community Foundation is to inspire philanthropy and strengthen our community by supporting initiatives that address local needs and providing quality services to donors and constituents.
The Board of Trustees supports their mission through the annual competitive grantmaking program. The Foundation is an investor in the community and is interested in creating the highest possible levels of community gain, focused on improving the lives of Lexington Area citizens.
Community Investment Guidelines
To decide how to invest the limited dollars of the Foundation, the Board will look for effective programs and strategies that strive to support the target areas listed below. The success of a grant is predicted by reviewing the expected results of the proposal and results tracking approaches. Programs that are capable of attaining measurable results receive higher consideration. Grant requests are reviewed with the following questions in mind:
- What results are we investing in?
- What are the chances we will get results?
- Is this the best possible use of money?
Result and Investment Areas
Grants will be awarded to benefit a broad range of charitable purposes.
- Arts and Culture
- Education (Including Early Childhood School Readiness)
- Workforce Development
- Human Services
- Nonprofit capacity building
Requests for projects/programs should not duplicate existing services. Grants may be awarded to organizations funded in the past, but not typically to fund the same or similar project/program for more than three years.
The Foundation will award grants up to $5,000 to eligible organizations. However, actual award amounts will be determined based on merit of the project and available funds. The Board may consider a $10,000 grant for a New and Innovative project.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants must be awarded to eligible organizations including 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, congregations, governmental and educational institutions for projects that will serve the residents of the Lexington, NC area.
- If the organization conducting the project is not an eligible organization, a grant can be applied for under the fiscal sponsorship of an eligible organization.
- The following areas do not fall within Lexington Area Community Foundation’s current funding priorities:
- Capital campaign requests
- Debt retirement/deficit funding or expenses incurred prior to grant award decisions
- Direct support of individuals (e.g. scholarships, hardship)
- Duplication of existing programs or services by new organizations
- Endowment funds
- General operating support
- Travel and conferences
- Publication of books
- Projects that are typically the funding responsibility of federal, state or local government
- Projects that promote political or religious views
- Political or lobbying activities
- Sponsorships or fundraisers
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Lexington Area Community Foundation Grant Cycle by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.