Liberty Mutual Foundation - Discretionary Grants
Liberty Mutual Foundation
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Suffolk County, Massachusetts
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Established in 2003, the Liberty Mutual Foundation supports the communities in which we live and work. In partnership with our grantees, our common purpose is: To invest the expertise, leadership and the financial strength of Liberty Mutual Insurance and its employees to improve the lives of our most vulnerable neighbors.
Our grants help nonprofits that work to empower families and individuals who are struggling to thrive despite challenging situations. To that end, our grant-making priorities focus on organizations and programs in Boston, Seattle/King County and Dallas that provide accessibility for individuals of all abilities; security for men, women and children experiencing homelessness; and educational opportunities for children and youth living in poverty.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Your organization must be a public charity that is non-profit and tax-exempt under 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Your request must fall within one of these four primary focus areas:
- Health and Human Services
- Arts and Culture
- Civic and Community
- Your organization or your program must serve Boston.
- You must not have received a grant from us in the past 12 months.
- Our goal is to invest in leadership that is responsible. To that end, we give preference to nonprofit organizations with these attributes:
- solid financials
- clearly articulated systems for measuring impact
- a strong board and staff
- thoughtful strategic plans and budgets
- Sponsorship requests are not considered through the Liberty Mutual Foundation.
- Liberty Mutual does not provide philanthropic support for:
- Foundations that are primarily grant-making agencies
- Organizations requesting funds for sectarian activities
- Fraternal, social, labor or political organizations
- Trips, tours and transportation
- Deficit spending or debt liquidation
- Conferences, forums or special events
- Organizations that have applied within the past 12 months
- Non-functionally integrated supporting organizations as classified by the IRS
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Liberty Mutual Foundation - Discretionary Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.