LIFE Center Fund Grant
Oregon Community Foundation
Grant amount: US $7,500 - US $10,000
Deadline: Nov 15, 2018 5:00pm PST
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Multnomah County, Oregon
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
LIFE Center Fund
The LIFE Center Fund of The Oregon Community Foundation was established in 2005 to help provide food, clothing, household items and other basic support to people who are in critical need. The Fund was created to continue the legacy of the Low Income Family Emergency (LIFE) Center, which closed in 2005. The LIFE Center was a nonprofit organization that provided these services to families from the North, Inner Northeast and Southeast Portland areas. Rather than simply distributing these basic need items, the LIFE Center also honored each individual's dignity by providing opportunities for self-improvement and personal empowerment to enhance his or her situation.
The LIFE Center Fund invites proposals to provide food, clothing, household items, prescription and hygiene assistance, and school supplies to people in critical need in North, Northeast, and Southeast Portland areas. Proposals will be accepted from organizations outside the Portland city limits as long as the proposal narrative and project budget specifies that grant funds will be allocated specifically for North, Northeast and Southeast Portland residents. Grants may range in size from about $7,500 to $10,000.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- OCF will accept applications from organizations that are tax-exempt under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3).
- Proposals will be accepted from organizations outside the Portland city limits as long as the proposal narrative and project budget specifies that grant funds will be allocated specifically for North, Northeast and Southeast Portland residents.
- Priority is given to the following:
- Applications that clearly describe how this grant will help to provide services that will continue the LIFE Center legacy, and how it would help to meet gaps in current services;
- Organizations with smaller operating and project budgets where a $7,500 - $10,000 grant from the LIFE Center Fund will have a clear impact;
- Organizations who haven’t received LIFE Center funding in the previous grant year;
- Applications that offer specifics about the site(s) and location(s) where services will be provided, the target population to be served, and how that fits the criteria of the LIFE Center Fund.
- Grants cannot not be made directly to individuals.
- General requests for support of an organization’s overall operating budget will not be competitive.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the LIFE Center Fund Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.