LIFE Center Fund Grant
Oregon Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $7,500 - US $10,000
Deadline: Nov 15, 2020 5:00pm PST
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Multnomah County, Oregon
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
LIFE Center Fund
Meeting critical needs in North, Northeast and Southeast Portland.
The LIFE Center Fund of Oregon Community Foundation was established in 2005 to continue the legacy of the Low Income Family Emergency (LIFE) Center, which closed in 2005. Rather than simply distributing basic need items, the LIFE Center also honored each individual’s dignity by providing opportunities for self-improvement and personal empowerment.
The LIFE Center Fund awards two-year grants to provide food, clothing, household items, prescription and hygiene assistance, and school supplies to people in critical need in North, Northeast and Southeast Portland. Up to $10,000 is available per year for two years.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- OCF will accept applications from organizations that are tax-exempt under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3).
- Proposals will be accepted from organizations outside Portland city limits if the proposal narrative and project budget specifies that grant funds will be allocated for North, Northeast and Southeast Portland residents.
- Priority is given to the following:
- Applications that clearly describe how this grant will help to provide services that will continue the LIFE Center legacy, and how it would help to meet gaps in current services.
- Organizations with smaller operating and project budgets where a $7,500 to $10,000 grant from the LIFE Center Fund will have a clear impact.
- Organizations that haven’t received LIFE Center funding in the previous grant year.
- Applications that offer specifics about the site(s) and location(s) where services will be provided, the target population to be served, and how that fits the criteria of the LIFE Center Fund.
- Requests that show evidence of some secured community contributions, ideally toward both grant years (the LIFE Center Fund does not require a specific dollar amount or percentage).
- Multiyear project budgets that detail how a grant from the LIFE Center Fund would be applied.
- Grants cannot not be made directly to individuals.
- General requests for support of an organization’s overall operating budget will not be competitive.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the LIFE Center Fund Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.