Lillian and Alex Feir Graduate Student Travel Award in Insect Physiology, Biochemistry, or Molecular Biology
Entomological Society of America (ESA)Suggest an update
Deadline: Jun 1, 2021
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Entomology
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Conference
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save
About this funder:
The purpose of this ESA award is to encourage graduate students working with insects or other arthropods in the broad areas of physiology, biochemistry, and molecular biology to affiliate with ESA's Physiology, Biochemistry and Toxicology Section and to attend the ESA Annual Meeting.
This award was established by Dorothy Feir, 1989 president of ESA, as a tribute to her parents who, at considerable self-sacrifice, encouraged education and travel experience for their daughters. This award includes a cash prize, based on earnings from the investment, and a plaque, which is presented at the ESA Annual Meeting. The winner also will present at the Physiology, Biochemistry and Toxicology Section meeting at the ESA Annual Meeting. *Prior to 2014, this award was offered and administered by the Entomological Foundation.
New this year – All nominators and nominees will be required to sign the professional conduct disclosure form. Click here for additional details.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- All students using arthropods to study any aspect of basic or applied physiology, biochemistry, or molecular biology in the broadest sense for their Master's or doctoral research are eligible to apply.
- Students from all science departments are encouraged to apply.
- The applicant does not have to present a paper in order to receive the award.
- Any candidate nominated, but not selected, may be renominated no more than two times within the two-year period after his/her initial submission.
- Renomination packages will be retained for two years by the awards administrator.
- Nominators must send a letter of renomination to the awards administrator by the award deadline.
- Previously submitted documentation will be used for the evaluation process unless the nominator submits new or updated documents.
- The renomination e-mail must contain this additional documentation.
- New or updated documents must follow the electronic submission requirements noted above.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. The winner must be an ESA student member at the time he/she applies for this award.
- A student may re-apply but preference will be given to a student who has not received the award previously.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”