LFF Human Services Grant
Lincoln Financial FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Apr 10, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Hartford County, Connecticut, Allen County, Indiana, Douglas County, Nebraska, Merrimack County, New Hampshire, Guilford County, North Carolina, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania Expand all
Location of residency: Indiana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Hartford County, Connecticut, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Lincoln Financial Foundation awards grants to more than 300 nonprofits each year that empower and improve the lives of many. Contributing to strong, vital communities is not only intrinsic to our values, it’s our responsibility.
Human Services Program
We believe that all people should have the ability to meet their basic needs for food, housing and independent living. We’re committed to helping vulnerable populations find the tools and skills they need to better their lives through education, support and job training.
According to the Economic Research Service, USDA, 23 percent of all children lived in households that were classified as food insecure. For many minority populations that percentage was as high as 51 percent.
Lincoln Financial Foundation supports:
- Concord, New Hampshire
- Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Greensboro, North Carolina
- Hartford, Connecticut
- Omaha, Nebraska
- Greater Philadelphia Area, Pennsylvania
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Only 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations are eligible to apply for funding.
- The Lincoln Foundation only supports organizations that respect and encourage diversity and adhere to nondiscriminatory practices.
- Women and ethnic minorities should be adequately represented on an applicant organization's board of directors.
- Support will only be considered in communities where the corporation has a significant business presence and employee base.
- Philadelphia and Hartford applicants must be based in and serve these communities.
- In general, the Lincoln Foundation doesn’t consider (award) grants to:
- religious organizations (i.e., churches, temples, synagogues)
- public or private K-12 schools or school foundations
- hospitals or hospital foundations
- fraternal or political organizations
- general operating support
- capital (bricks and mortar) funding
- sporting organizations, sporting events or national walks
- organizations that re-grant funds to other nonprofit organizations
- health organizations
- organizations that advocate, support, or practice activities inconsistent with Lincoln Financial Group’s non-discrimination policies, whether based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the LFF Human Services Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.