Percy Sladen Memorial Fund Grants
The Linnean Society of LondonSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £1,500
Next anticipated deadline: Sep 30, 2020
Later anticipated deadlines: Jan 30, 2021
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student Postdoctoral Researcher Unaffiliated Researcher
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save
The Fund exists to support specific research projects. This means that it does not normally give general support expeditions, nor does it usually support undergraduates or field work undertaken as part of a PhD or Masters qualification. In recent years the Trustees have focused their support on field work in the life and earth sciences, both through expeditions,...and through individual research projects overseas.
These grants are for field work abroad (away from your usual country of residence) in the earth and life sciences. The Trustees consider that expeditions involving botanical or zoological collecting should indicate that the interests of conservation have been taken into account.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- No requirements are laid down as to prior qualifications or nationality.
- Projects must consider matters such as conservation and international relations.
- The establishment of good relations between those undertaking overseas research and their host countries is very important.
- Priority will be given to projects where local scientists have been contacted and are aware of the proposed research, with a view to collaborating or giving assistance and/or where there is an opportunity for local university students to participate usefully.
- Funds are not available for:
- Further education of any kind
- Visits to conferences
- Work in institutions
- Field work undertaken as part of a dissertation of higher degree.
- Undergraduate expeditions are also not supported.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Percy Sladen Memorial Fund Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.