Percy Sladen Memorial Fund Grants
The Linnean Society of LondonSuggest an update
Next deadline: Sep 30, 2020
Later deadlines: Jan 30, 2021
Grant amount: Up to £1,500
Fields of work: Botany Mycology Zoology Earth Science
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student, Graduate Student, Postdoctoral Researcher, Unaffiliated Researcher
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save
The Fund exists to support specific research projects. This means that it does not normally support expeditions, nor does it usually support undergraduates or field work undertaken as part of a PhD or Masters qualifications. In recent years the Trustees have focussed their support on field work in the life and earth sciences, through individual research projects undertaken away from the applicant’s usual place of residence.
These grants are for field work abroad (away from your usual country of residence) in the earth and life sciences.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- No requirements are laid down as to prior qualifications or nationality.
- The establishment of good relations between those undertaking overseas research and their host countries ispri important.
- Funds are not available for:
- Further education of any kind
- Visits to conferences
- Work in institutions
- Field work undertaken as part of a dissertation of higher degree.
- Undergraduate expeditions are also not supported.