Linnean Macleay Fellowship
The Linnean Society of New South WalesSuggest an update
Grant amount: A $800 - A $3,200
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher Unaffiliated Researcher Working Professional
Funding uses: Fellowship
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Australia
Location of residency: Australia
University restriction: University of SydneyView website Save
The Linnean Society of New South Wales appointed its first Linnean Macleay Fellow in 1905. Since then, award of the Fellowship has enabled well over fifty talented graduates to undertake significant research in the sciences of 'Natural History Biological and Geological'.
Many former Fellows have achieved scientific distinction, some having been appointed to professorial chairs and three having been elected Fellows of the Royal Society of London.
Linnean Macleay Fellowships are funded from a bequest of the Society's first President, Sir William Macleay, whose intention it was that the Fellowships encourage and advance research in Natural Science by enabling those who wish to continue their studies at the University of Sydney or elsewhere after having completed the regular curriculum and taken a Science degree to do so.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Every candidate must be a member of the Linnean Society of NSW,
- Applicant must reside in New South Wales.
- Applicant must hold a degree in Science or Agricultural Science from the University of Sydney.
- The Fellowship is tenable for one year only but a Fellow will be eligible from year to year to a maximum of five years provided that the Council is satisfied with the quantity and quality of the fellow's work.
Fellowships may be held for research in any of the following branches of Science:
- Animal or Plant Physiology
- Animal or Plant Pathology
- Comparative Anatomy and Embryology
- General Biology, including Ecology
- Physical Geography
- Physical Anthropology
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Linnean Macleay Fellowship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.