Betty Mayne Scientific Research Fund for Earth Sciences
The Linnean Society of New South Wales
Grant amount: Up to A $2,500
Anticipated deadline: Mar 1, 2019
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: AustraliaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Betty Mayne Scientific Research Fund for Earth Sciences has been established to provide
financial assistance to support short term original research projects in all aspects of geology,
including (but not necessarily restricted to) the fields of regional geology, tectonics, structural
geology, stratigraphy, sedimentology, geomorphology, palaeontology, biostratigraphy, igneous and
metamorphic petrology, geochemistry, mineralogy, economic geology and meteoritics.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applications will be accepted from postgraduate students at recognised Australian Universities who are undertaking full-time or part-time higher degree studies with a geological emphasis.
- Students enrolled in Honours degree courses at recognised Australian Universities, whether full- or part-time, may also be considered for an award.
- Applications are also encouraged from amateur or professional geologists, whether in employment as such or not, who can demonstrate a level of achievement in original research in Earth Sciences, for example through a record of publications on the subject.
- Projects proposed for support do not have to be restricted to Australian locations or specimens, but, given the Society's interests in the natural history of Australia, they must demonstrate a strong Australian context
- Money must be used for research purposes, which may include the purchase of equipment, laboratory, photographic or other consumables, and fieldwork or travel within Australasia
- Applicants need not be members of the Society, although all other things being equal, members will be given preference.
- Requests for subsistence, travel to conferences, or thesis preparation expenses, will not be supported.
- A grant from this Fund cannot be held concurrently with one from the Joyce W. Vickery Scientific Research Fund.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Betty Mayne Scientific Research Fund for Earth Sciences by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.