Lisa & Douglas Goldman FundSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $200,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Established in 1992 by Lisa and Douglas Goldman, the Lisa and Douglas Goldman Fund is a private foundation committed to providing support for charitable organizations that enhance our society. Within its grantmaking areas, the Fund strives to be responsive and flexible as well as to make informed and responsible grants to support qualified projects. We invite you to review the Lisa and Douglas Goldman Fund’s newly stated Interests and Priorities.
The Lisa and Douglas Goldman Fund supports organizations that are making valuable contributions in the following fields:
Democracy and Civil Liberties
- Goal: Ensure informed, active, and equal citizen participation in the democratic process and protect civil liberties from emerging threats (Geographic Area: National).
- Protect and expand access to voting.
- Ensure political equality for all by reducing the influence of money in politics.
- Strengthen policy and education efforts to prevent gun violence.
- Goal: Address the environmental impacts of producing, consuming, and disposing of goods.
- Geographic Area: National
- Advance sustainable industry practices throughout the lifecycle of products.
- Influence market shifts toward environmentally-responsible materials and decreased use of harmful chemicals.
- Goal: Combat anti-Semitism and discrimination against Israel (Geographic Area: National, with a preference for projects that impact the San Francisco Bay Area).
- Advance education, advocacy, and communication efforts about the Jewish community and Israel.
- Facilitate cultural exchanges to educate the general community about Israel.
Reproductive Health and Rights
- Goal: Support abortion service delivery training, safety, and clinics.
- Geographic Area: National (and Northern California)
- Promote activities that increase and improve abortion provider training.
- Protect the safety of abortion healthcare professionals and their clients.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- In order to be considered for a grant from the Lisa and Douglas Goldman Fund, an organization must be classified as a public charity and have 501(c)(3) status from the Internal Revenue Service or have a fiscal agent with 501(c)(3) status.
- Organizations are eligible for only one grant (not including Annual Grants) per year from the Fund.
- To be eligible for capital campaign support, an organization must have personal financial contributions to the capital campaign from 100% of its Board of Directors.
- The Fund provides Annual Grants for general support to a specific list of organizations. Applications for annual support are not accepted.
- The Fund rarely provides support for 100% of a project’s budget.
- The Lisa and Douglas Goldman Fund will not consider applications for support for:
- Books or periodicals
- Deficit budgets
- Production of documentaries and films
- Events or conferences
- Grants to individuals
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the National Goals by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.