Curtis Gates Lloyd Research Fellowship
Lloyd Library and Museum
Grant amount: Up to US $7,500
Anticipated deadline: Jan 31, 2019
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Fellowship
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Location of citizenship: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Lloyd Library and Museum operates a fellowship program, named for one of the Library's founders, Curtis Gates Lloyd, the youngest of the three Lloyd brothers who started a successful pharmaceutical manufacturing company in 1885 in Cincinnati, and out of which grew the Lloyd Library. The purpose of the fellowship is to provide funds for research at the Lloyd to researchers across the wide variety of topics held within the collection.
The Lloyd Library and Museum collections are largely unparalleled in depth and breadth of topics collected relating to botany and pharmacy. Fellows will have work space provided and supervised stacks privileges will be made available, along with photocopying and other imaging capabilities. The library has a stellar reputation and is well-regarded by scholars throughout the world, all with a diverse range of expertise and interests.
Research topics include, but are not limited to the following:
- Medicinal botany;
- Organic/botanical chemistry;
- Natural history;
- Early travel and exploration;
- History of science, medicine, and pharmacy;
- Visual arts; and
- Cultural, ethnic, and social history.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Successful candidates will hold at minimum a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a field relevant to the work they want to pursue for the fellowship.
- Fellowship is for research purposes for individuals only.
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States or be a U.S. lawful permanent resident.
- Concise narratives that explain exactly how you will utilize the collection and what your expected outcomes will be generally make the best applications.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Curtis Gates Lloyd Research Fellowship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.