LMF Basic Services Initiative - Boston
Liberty Mutual Foundation
Grant amount: US $25,000 - US $30,000
Deadline: Apr 9, 2020 8:59pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Suffolk County, Massachusetts
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The mission of Liberty Mutual Foundation is to invest the expertise, leadership and the financial strength of Liberty Mutual Insurance and our employees to help our most vulnerable neighbors. To help those with the greatest of need—by providing security for men, women and children who are homeless; accessibility for people with disabilities, and educational opportunity for youth living in poverty.
supporting nonprofit organizations that serve low-income or homeless families and individuals in need of emergency assistance. In the last 11 years, Liberty Mutual has awarded nearly $5 million through this effort, providing access to food, shelter, clothing and other immediate, basic needs.
Goals and Focus Areas
- Shelter for youth, families or adults, including emergency shelter and time-limited transitional housing, with an emphasis on pairing shelter with access to case management or other social services.
- Meals or food for low-income individuals and those experiencing homelessness, with an emphasis on health and nutrition.
- Healthcare and medical services for those experiencing homelessness.
- Other immediate, basic needs, e.g., clothing, personal hygiene, etc.
Funding Availability and Grant Size
The amount of funding that will be dedicated to this initiative has not been predetermined. Instead, funding levels will be informed by the type, number, and quality of proposals submitted. We anticipate most awards to range between $25,000 and $30,000 per year.
Applicants are encouraged to review Liberty Mutual Foundation’s annual Giving Report to familiarize themselves with the type, number, and size of grants the Foundation has made in previous years.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Liberty Mutual Foundation will award grants through this initiative to:
- Established organizations that seek to provide basic needs services to youth, families or adults who are experiencing or are at risk of homelessness.
- Organizations serving residents of the city of Boston.
- Not-for-profit organizations with current 501c3 status.
- Liberty Mutual Foundation gives preference to organizations and programs with diversified funding streams.
- Liberty Mutual Foundation gives preferences to organizations and programs with thoughtful and clearly articulated plans for the inclusion of people at all levels of physical, cognitive and emotional abilities.
- Priority will be given to organizations that can demonstrate a thoroughly established internal capacity for reaching individuals experiencing homelessness.
- Organizations are ineligible for a Basic Services Initiative grant if they have received funding from the Liberty Mutual Foundation within the last 12 months (although current Basic Services Initiative grantees have not yet completed their final 12-month grant cycle, these organizations are eligible to reapply through this RFP).
- Liberty Mutual does not provide philanthropic support for:
- Foundations that are primarily grant-making agencies
- Organizations requesting funds for sectarian activities
- Fraternal, social, labor or political organizations
- Trips, tours and transportation
- Deficit spending or debt liquidation
- Conferences, forums or special events
- Organizations that have applied within the past 12 months
- Non-functionally integrated supporting organizations as classified by the IRS
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the LMF Basic Services Initiative - Boston by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.