Local Grantmaking: California
BoeingSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Deadline: Apr 10, 2021 (Full proposal)
Fields of work: Environmental Education Career/College Preparation Water Resource Management Education - Preschool / Early Learning Military & Veterans Services Freshwater Conservation Art Education Workforce Preparation & Job Readiness Show all
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in California: Los Angeles County, Orange County, San Diego County
Location of residency: Counties in California: Los Angeles County, Orange County, San Diego CountyView website Save
Boeing’s grantmaking is by invitation only. All organizations must be invited to submit a proposal.
- Read the grant objectives and local strategy for your grant category detailed in this document to determine if your request aligns with Boeing California strategies for:
- Determine that your organization is eligible for support. Review the grants exclusion guidelines.
- Contact your local community investor to discuss a proposed project.
- If your community investor determines that your project aligns to Boeing's local strategies, you may be invited to submit a grant application.
For more than 100 years, Boeing has been innovating to meet the needs of a dynamic, fast-paced, global environment. Our understanding of how to best connect and support people, businesses and communities allows us to operate and create value in, and for, almost every region of the world. Part of our unique approach includes a deep and enduring commitment to global community engagement. Boeing’s charitable partnerships and contributions are strategic in focus, promote societal growth and drive positive, lasting change in the communities where our employees and their families live and work. To this end, Boeing grants are focused on opportunities that inspire our future, empower our heroes and strengthen the communities we call home. These fall within our holistic strategy to support programs and organizations that help create the right opportunities for people and our communities
Boeing’s Focus in California
Boeing has been a part of California and its rich aerospace legacy for more than 90 years. Today it occupies a diversified footprint spanning commercial aviation; satellite manufacturing; military aircraft sustainment; new markets such as autonomous and expanded operations in Boeing Commercial Airplanes. We work within all three of Boeing’s community investment strategies to develop a site-specific plan tailored to the particular needs of our region, focusing our grants on the following strategies.
Our Future Tomorrow’s Innovators
Goal: Create cradle to career pathways to strengthen and diversify the pipeline of skilled workers entering today’s dynamic labor market. Advance 21st Century skills such as knowledge acquisition, creativity, innovation, critical thinking, problem solving, collaboration, media and technology literacy, self-direction, and adaptability skills.
- Early Learning: Increase the number of kindergartners who are ready for school, particularly in mathematics.
- Primary & Middle School: Generate interest and sustained participation in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) disciplines through hands-on, experiential learning and 21st century skills development (including STEAM or integrated arts education).
- High School: Graduate more students who are ready to enter STEM related or other high demand careers and/or STEM focused post-secondary education through high-quality career connected learning programs.
Our Heroes Veterans & Families
Goal: Build better lives for veterans, service members and their families.
- Workforce Transition: Invest in high-quality training and skill development programs with demonstrated placement and retention in high-demand industries with living wage advancement opportunities for veterans and their families.
- Recovery and Rehabilitation: Support hands-on recovery programs focusing on the following:
- Post-Traumatic Stress;
- Moral and physical injuries;
- Veteran suicide prevention.
Our Home Dynamic Communities: Environment
Goal: Improve the quality and sustainability of our water supply, preserve and restore ecosystems and protect wildlife.
- Environmental Education: Support educational programs that teach students about key environmental issues and are aligned with Next Generation Science Standards.
- Community Projects and Engagement: Support green projects in underserved communities that benefit ecosystems and local wildlife, and educate and engage community members on issues in their community.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- All applicants for charitable support from The Boeing Company must be U.S.-based §501(c)(3) charitable organizations in current standing with the IRS.
- Boeing makes investments to advance the work of organizations focused on 21st century skills development, veteran and military family engagement, and the environment in Los Angeles, Orange and San Diego Counties.
- We place emphasis on sustainable, scalable, and replicable programs beyond the period of investment.
- We emphasize programs that are catalysts for positive and systemic change and have a broad base of community support.
- While we recognize that there are many factors affecting individual and community well-being, we place emphasis on addressing prevailing socio-cultural factors, such as disparities between populations, in our grantmaking.
- We do not support:
- Organizations with practices that are inconsistent with company goals and policies
- Organizations that denigrate or advocate discrimination or violence toward any racial, ethnic, or cultural group
- Political candidates or organizations
- Religious activities, in whole or in part, for the purpose of furthering religious doctrine. Faith-based organizations must provide services to all clients regardless of denomination and without expectation of clients’ participation in religious activities
- We do not support:
- Capital campaigns, memorials, and endowments
- For-profit businesses, including third-party fundraisers, or public institutions
- U.S. hospitals, hospital foundations, medical research, and health-related awareness campaigns
- We do not support individuals or families, including:
- Dissertations and student research projects
- Loans, scholarships, fellowships, and grants to individuals
- Travel expenses
- Adoption services
- We do not support individual schools or programs serving schools, including:
- School-affiliated orchestras, bands, choirs, athletic teams, drama groups, yearbooks, or class parties
- Travel, competitions, or field trips
- Student tuition or tuition-based extracurricular programs
- We do not support:
- Nonprofit- and school-sponsored walk-a-thons, athletic events, and athletic group sponsorships other than Special Olympics
- Advertising, T-shirts, giveaways, and promotional items
- Printing for auction booklets, tickets, or one-time use items (e.g. invitations or flyers)
- Door prizes or raffles
- Athletic events and teams
- Debt reduction
- Computing equipment
- Documentary films and publications
- Media campaigns and advertising
- Gifts, honoraria, gratuities, and awards
- Individual cultural and ethnic festivals and community theaters, choral groups, and orchestras
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Local Grantmaking: California by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.