Local Grantmaking: Southeast Asia Region
BoeingSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: May 1, 2020 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam Show all
Location of residency: Preferred: United States Other eligible locations: Anywhere in the worldView website Save
Note - How to Be Considered for a Grant: Boeing’s grantmaking is by invitation only. All organizations must be invited to collaborate on a proposal after relevant discussion.
- Read the grant objectives and local strategy detailed for your grant category detailed in this document to determine if your request aligns with Boeing Southeast Asia strategies for:
- Our Future – Tomorrow’s Innovators
- Our Homes – Dynamic Communities
- Determine that your organization is eligible for support. Review the grants exclusion guidelines enclosed.
- Contact your local community investor to discuss a proposed project.
- If your community investor determines that your project aligns to Boeing's local strategies, you may be invited to submit a grant application.
Being - Seeking Support
As a stakeholder in the success of our communities, we lead responsibly to help address challenges that are bigger than any one company’s interests. Our contributions and efforts are focused on making a significant difference in the lives of people around the world—now and for generations to come. We support organizations that are leaders in what they do, demonstrate innovation, and align and collaborate with others to achieve workable solutions to community issues. Our community investments are managed locally and grant making strategies are tailored by locations to address the specific needs of their region.
For more than 100 years, Boeing has been innovating to meet the needs of a dynamic, fast-paced, global environment. Our understanding of how to best connect and support people, businesses and communities allows us to operate and create value in, and for, almost every region of the world. Part of our unique approach includes a deep and enduring commitment to global community engagement. Boeing’s charitable partnerships and contributions are strategic in focus, promote societal growth and drive positive, lasting change in the communities where our employees and their families live and work. To this end, Boeing grants are focused on opportunities that inspire our future, empower our heroes and strengthen the communities we call home. These fall within our holistic strategy to support programs and organizations that help create the right opportunities for people and our communities.
Boeing in Southeast Asia
Boeing’s relationship with Southeast Asia began in the late 1940s with the provision of commercial airplanes to fledgling national airlines. Today, Boeing’s Southeast Asia activities have grown to encompass partnerships in commercial aviation, defense, space, services and research and technology. Boeing maintains corporate offices in both Singapore and Malaysia that provide support to customers throughout the region. Businesses include Boeing Commercial Airplanes, Boeing Defense, Space & Security, Boeing Global Services and subsidiaries Aviall, Jeppesen and Insitu Pacific.
Across the globe, good corporate citizenship is a core value of The Boeing Company and integral to the way its business is conducted. Giving back to the communities in which we live and work is essential, and in Southeast Asia, this is no exception. Boeing Southeast Asia and its subsidiaries provide grants to match Boeing’s community investment strategies:
Our Future: Tomorrow's Innovators
Goal: Create cradle to career pathways to strengthen and diversify the pipeline of skilled workers entering today’s dynamic labor market. Advance 21st Century skills such as knowledge acquisition, creativity, innovation, critical thinking, problem solving, collaboration, media and technology literacy, self-direction, and adaptability skills.
- Early Learning: Increase the number of kindergartners who are ready for school, particularly in mathematics.
- Primary & Middle School: Generate interest and sustained participation in STEM disciplines through handson, experiential learning.
- High School: Graduate more students who are ready to enter STEM related or other high demand careers and/or STEM focused post-secondary education.
- Workforce Preparation: Prepare under-skilled adults and young adults for living wage jobs in high-demand sectors.
Boeing makes investments to advance the work of organizations focused on 21st century skills development in Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
Our Homes: Dynamic Communities, Environment, Health and Human Services
Goal: Ensure Environmental Sustainability, help the community have access health, assisting victims of human trafficking and exploitation
The Boeing Company recognizes the benefits of healthy sustainable communities through environmental awareness and engagement. We look to invest in projects that demonstrate collective impact toward proactively protecting all natural resources, support program that build awareness on good sanitation and clean water.
Meets a community need in several SE Asian countries and build strong partnership with local and state governments
Boeing makes investments to nonprofits in Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
Other Types of Support from Boeing
In Southeast Asia, we have the opportunity to support organizations in the following ways:
Employee Volunteering: We look for ways that our employees can work with our community partners, if you have an opportunity that aligns to our strategy please make contact.
Boeing Facility Visits: Limited visits to Boeing facilities in conjunction with educational and/or career pathway projects may be considered.
In-kind Donations: Boeing may provide in-kind donations. On a very limited basis, Boeing donates auction items to organizations who have demonstrated they align to our local strategies.
Business-Related Sponsorships: Support for these requests is limited. For local sponsorships you may contact our focal listed below, for large scale matters contact the Boeing Brand Center. For information and application, please go here.
Local Disaster Relief: Being part of a community also means being there when times get tough, and Boeing has played a part in making financial donations to communities at times of great need in Southeast Asia.
Event Sponsorships to Charitable Galas, Fundraisers and Benefits: The Boeing Company will support nonprofit organizations through sponsoring a fundraising event or community program. The company supports organizations that strongly align with our Veterans & Families, Tomorrow’s Innovators/Education and Dynamic Communities local strategies; are represented on the board of directors by a Boeing executive; and/or align with Boeing’s business goals. Please email your local contact at least six months prior to the event.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- All U.S.-based applicants for charitable support from The Boeing Company must be a 501(c)(3) charitable organization in current standing with the IRS.
- We place emphasis on sustainable, scalable, and replicable programs beyond the period of investment.
- We emphasize programs that are catalysts for positive and systemic change and have a broad base of community support.
- While we recognize that there are many factors affecting individual and community well-being, we place emphasis on addressing prevailing socio-cultural factors, such as disparities between populations, in our grantmaking.
- We do not support these types of organizations:
- Organizations with practices that are inconsistent with company goals and policies
- Organizations that denigrate or advocate discrimination or violence toward any racial, ethnic or cultural group, or on the basis of gender or sexual orientation
- Political candidates or organizations
- For-profit businesses, including third-party fundraisers, or public institutions
- U.S. hospitals, medical research, and health-related awareness campaigns
- We do not support individual schools or programs serving schools, including:
- School-affiliated orchestras, bands, choirs, athletic teams, drama groups, yearbooks, or class parties
- Travel, competitions, or field trips
- Student tuition or tuition-based extracurricular programs
- We do not support these types of requests/activities:
- Religious activities, in whole or in part, for the purpose of furthering religious doctrine (Faith-based organizations must provide services to all clients regardless of denomination and without expectation of clients’ participation in religious activities.)
- Capital campaigns, memorials, and endowments
- Individuals or families
- Dissertations and student research projects
- Loans, scholarships, fellowships, and grants to individuals
- Travel expenses
- Adoption services
- Nonprofit- and school-sponsored walk-a-thons, athletic events and athletic group sponsorships other than Special Olympics
- Advertising, t-shirts, giveaways, and promotional items
- Printing for auction booklets, tickets, or one-time use items (i.e. invitations or flyers)
- Door prizes or raffles
- Athletic events and teams
- Debt reduction
- Computing equipment
- Documentary films and publications
- Media campaigns and advertising
- Gifts, honoraria, gratuities, and awards
- Individual cultural and ethnic festivals and community theaters, choral groups, and orchestras
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Local Grantmaking: Southeast Asia Region by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.