Local Grantmaking: Texas
BoeingSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: May 14, 2019 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Texas: Bexar County, Brazoria County, Collin County, Dallas County, Denton County, El Paso County, Fort Bend County, Galveston County, Harris County, Parker County, Tarrant County, Wise County Expand all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Boeing’s grantmaking is by invitation only. All organizations must be invited to submit a proposal.
- Read the grant objectives and local strategy for your grant category detailed in this document to determine if your request aligns with Boeing Texas strategies
- Determine that your organization is eligible for support. Review the grants exclusion guidelines.
- Contact your local community investor to discuss a proposed project.
- If your community investor determines that your project aligns to Boeing's local strategies, you may be invited to submit a grant application.
Boeing’s Focus in Texas
Our Future: Tomorrow’s Innovators
- Goal: Create cradle to career pathways to strengthen and diversify the pipeline of skilled workers entering today’s dynamic labor market. Advance 21st Century skills such as knowledge acquisition, creativity, innovation, critical thinking, problem solving, collaboration, media and technologyliteracy, self-direction, and adaptability skills.
- Early Learning: Increase the number of kindergartners who are ready for school, particularly in mathematics.
- Primary & Middle School: Generate interest and sustained participation in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) disciplines through hands-on, experiential learning and 21st century skills development (including STEAM or integrated arts education).
- High School: Graduate more students who are ready to enter STEM related or other high demand careers and/or STEM focused post-secondary education.
- Workforce Preparation: Prepare veterans, under-skilled adults and young adults for living wage jobs in high-demand sectors.
Our Heroes: Veterans & Families
- Goal: Build better lives for veterans, service members and their families.
- Workforce Transition: Invest in high-quality training and skill development programs for veterans and their families.
- Recovery and Rehabilitation: Support hands-on recovery programs focusing on the following:
- Post-Traumatic Stress;
- Moral and physical injuries; and
- Veteran suicide prevention.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- All applicants for charitable support from The Boeing Company must be U.S.-based §501(c)(3) charitable organizations in current standing with the IRS.
- Boeing Texas develops site-specific plans aligned to the following strategies and particular needs in communities where our employees live and work.
- In Texas, this is limited to programs that impact: El Paso, Richardson/Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston (counties in order of priority: Harris, Galveston, Brazoria, Fort Bend) and San Antonio (Bexar County only).
- We place emphasis on sustainable, scalable, and replicable programs beyond the period of investment.
- We emphasize programs that are catalysts for positive and systemic change and have a broad base of community support.
- While we recognize that there are many factors affecting individual and community well-being, we place emphasis on addressing prevailing socio-cultural factors, such as disparities between populations, in our grantmaking.
- We do not support:
- Organizations with practices that are inconsistent with company goals and policies
- Organizations that denigrate or advocate discrimination or violence toward any racial, ethnic, or cultural group
- Political candidates or organizations
- Religious activities, in whole or in part, for the purpose of furthering religious doctrine. Faith-based organizations must provide services to all clients regardless of denomination and without expectation of clients’ participation in religious activities
- We do not support:
- Capital campaigns, memorials, and endowments
- For-profit businesses, including third-party fundraisers, or public institutions
- U.S. hospitals, hospital foundations, medical research, and health-related awareness campaigns
- We do not support individuals or families, including:
- Dissertations and student research projects
- Loans, scholarships, fellowships, and grants to individuals
- Travel expenses
- Adoption services
- We do not support individual schools or programs serving schools, including:
- School-affiliated orchestras, bands, choirs, athletic teams, drama groups, yearbooks, or class parties
- Travel, competitions, or field trips
- Student tuition or tuition-based extracurricular programs
- We do not support:
- Nonprofit- and school-sponsored walk-a-thons, athletic events, and athletic group sponsorships other than Special Olympics
- Advertising, T-shirts, giveaways, and promotional items
- Printing for auction booklets, tickets, or one-time use items (e.g. invitations or flyers)
- Door prizes or raffles
- Athletic events and teams
- Debt reduction
- Computing equipment
- Documentary films and publications
- Media campaigns and advertising
- Gifts, honoraria, gratuities, and awards
- Individual cultural and ethnic festivals and community theaters, choral groups, and orchestras
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Local Grantmaking: Texas by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.