Local Grantmaking: Washington D.C. / Potomac Region
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: May 14, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: District of Columbia, Counties in Maryland: Montgomery County, Prince George's County, Counties in Virginia: Alexandria city, Arlington County, Fairfax County, Loudoun County, Prince William County Expand all
Location of residency: District of Columbia, Counties in Maryland: Montgomery County, Prince George's County, Counties in Virginia: Alexandria city, Arlington County, Fairfax County, Loudoun County, Prince William County Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
NOTE: Boeing’s grantmaking is by invitation only. All organizations must be invited to submit a proposal.
- Read the grant objectives and local strategy for your grant category to determine if your request aligns with Boeing Potomac Region strategies.
- Determine that your organization is eligible for support. Review the grants exclusion guidelines.
- Contact your local community investor to discuss a proposed project.
- If your community investor determines that your project aligns to Boeing's local strategies, you may be invited to submit a grant application.
For more than 100 years, Boeing has been innovating to meet the needs of a dynamic, fast-paced, global environment. Our understanding of how to best connect and support people, businesses and communities allows us to operate and create value in, and for, almost every region of the world. Part of our unique approach includes a deep and enduring commitment to global community engagement. Boeing’s charitable partnerships and contributions are strategic in focus, promote societal growth and drive positive, lasting change in the communities where our employees and their families live and work. To this end, Boeing grants are focused on opportunities that inspire our future, empower our heroes and strengthen the communities we call home. These fall within our holistic strategy to support programs and organizations that help create the right opportunities for people and our communities
Boeing’s Focus in the Potomac Region
The Boeing Company has a strong foundation across Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia, which collectively make up the Potomac Region. The region is the headquarter site for Boeing’s Defense, Space & Security business as well as home to a host of Boeing subsidiary locations. A large contingent of corporate employees working in a variety of functions, including Government Operations, Information & Analytics, and Boeing International also reside in the area. We work within Boeing’s two primary community investment strategies to develop a site-specific plan tailored to the particular needs of our region, focusing our grants in the following areas:
Our Future: Tomorrow’s Innovators
Goal: Create cradle to career pathways to strengthen and diversify the pipeline of skilled workers entering today’s dynamic labor market. Advance 21st Century skills such as knowledge acquisition, creativity, innovation, critical thinking, problem solving, collaboration, media and technology literacy, self-direction, and adaptability skills.
- Early Learning: Increase the number of kindergartners who are ready for school, particularly in mathematics.
- Primary & Middle School: Generate interest and sustained participation in:
- STEM disciplines through hands-on, experiential learning.
- Arts Education/STEAM: Foster 21st century skills by engaging young people in experiential learning in the arts and STEAM.
- High School: Graduate more students who are ready to enter STEM related or other high demand careers and/or STEM focused post-secondary education through high-quality career connected learning programs.
- Workforce Preparation: Prepare more veterans for living wage jobs in high-demand sectors.
Our Heroes Veterans & Families
Goal: Build better lives for veterans, service members and their families.
- Workforce Transition: Invest in high-quality training and skill development programs for veterans and their families.
- Recovery and Rehabilitation: Support hands-on recovery programs focusing on the following:
- Post-Traumatic Stress;
- Moral and physical injuries; and
- Veteran suicide prevention.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- All applicants for charitable support from The Boeing Company must be U.S.-based §501(c)(3) charitable organizations in current standing with the IRS.
- Boeing makes investments to advance the work of organizations focused on 21st century skills development and Veterans & Military Families engagement in the Metro Washington area, inclusive of Maryland (Montgomery and Prince George counties), Northern Virginia (City of Alexandria and Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun and Prince William counties) and Washington, DC.
- We place emphasis on sustainable, scalable, and replicable programs beyond the period of investment.
- We emphasize programs that are catalysts for positive and systemic change and have a broad base of community support.
- While we recognize that there are many factors affecting individual and community well-being, we place emphasis on addressing prevailing socio-cultural factors, such as disparities between populations, in our grantmaking.
- We do not support:
- Organizations with practices that are inconsistent with company goals and policies
- Organizations that denigrate or advocate discrimination or violence toward any racial, ethnic, or cultural group
- Political candidates or organizations
- Religious activities, in whole or in part, for the purpose of furthering religious doctrine. Faith-based organizations must provide services to all clients regardless of denomination and without expectation of clients’ participation in religious activities
- We do not support:
- Capital campaigns, memorials, and endowments
- For-profit businesses, including third-party fundraisers, or public institutions
- U.S. hospitals, hospital foundations, medical research, and health-related awareness campaigns
- We do not support individuals or families, including:
- Dissertations and student research projects
- Loans, scholarships, fellowships, and grants to individuals
- Travel expenses
- Adoption services
- We do not support individual schools or programs serving schools, including:
- School-affiliated orchestras, bands, choirs, athletic teams, drama groups, yearbooks, or class parties
- Travel, competitions, or field trips
- Student tuition or tuition-based extracurricular programs
- We do not support:
- Nonprofit- and school-sponsored walk-a-thons, athletic events, and athletic group sponsorships other than Special Olympics
- Advertising, T-shirts, giveaways, and promotional items
- Printing for auction booklets, tickets, or one-time use items (e.g. invitations or flyers)
- Door prizes or raffles
- Athletic events and teams
- Debt reduction
- Computing equipment
- Documentary films and publications
- Media campaigns and advertising
- Gifts, honoraria, gratuities, and awards
- Individual cultural and ethnic festivals and community theaters, choral groups, and orchestras
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Local Grantmaking: Washington D.C. / Potomac Region by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.