Long Island Community Foundation: Social Change - Long Island Unitarian Universalist (LIUU) Fund Grant
New York Community Trust
Grant amount: US $10,000 - US $25,000
Next anticipated deadline: Jan 8, 2019 12:00pm PST
Later anticipated deadlines: Apr 9, 2019 12:00pm PDT, Aug 13, 2019 12:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in New York: Nassau County, Suffolk County
Location of residency: Counties in New York: Nassau County, Suffolk CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
An Overview of LIUU Fund Grantmaking
LIUU Fund grantmaking reflects Unitarian Universalist principles. The Fund’s overarching mission is to build and energize a community of progressive social change activists, and to support prophetic voices in vulnerable communities who speak out against injustices —often in unsafe environments and at personal risk and sacrifice.
The Fund looks for opportunities to support work that:
- Leads to social change.
- Protects the civil rights of people of color, immigrants, women, GLBT individuals, disabled, and other protected classes.
- Promotes an inclusive vision of social and economic justice.
- Amplifies emerging regional issues.
- Provides concrete benefits to vulnerable communities and/or populations.
- Brings new, creative thinking to problem solving.
- Offers possibilities for broad civic engagement around issues.
- Ensures that the people most affected by injustice are involved in decision-making and action for all of the above.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- We make grants primarily to nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organizations located in Nassau and Suffolk Counties.
- Organizations that are not a 501(c)(3) or whose 501(c)(3) status is pending are required to have a Fiscal Sponsor.
- Requests from Long Island Unitarian Universalist congregations cannot be considered for funding.
- Organizations cannot receive grants simultaneously from any two of the following:
- Unitarian Universalist Veatch Program at Shelter Rock
- Unitarian Universalist Association Funding Program
- Long Island Unitarian Universalist Fund
- LICF does not make grants...
- To individuals
- For building or capital campaigns
- For medical or scientific research
- For budget deficits
- For endowments
- For event sponsorships
- For re-granting purposes
- For religious or political purposes
- Institutions that discriminate on the basis of race, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability or sexual orientation, in policy or in practice.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Long Island Community Foundation: Social Change - Long Island Unitarian Universalist (LIUU) Fund Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.