Longwood Foundation Grant
Longwood FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Next deadline: Mar 1, 2020
Later deadlines: Sep 1, 2020
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Delaware, Chester County, Pennsylvania
Location of residency: Delaware, Chester County, PennsylvaniaView website Save
About this funder:
The Longwood Foundation was founded in 1937 by Pierre S. du Pont, initially to support the operation of Longwood Gardens and the funding of various community projects.
Mr. du Pont’s personal philanthropy long preceded the formation of the Foundation.
Due to tax law changes from the Tax Reform Act of 1969, a new private operating foundation, “Longwood Gardens, Inc.,” was formed specifically to handle operations of Longwood Gardens. The Longwood Foundation remains in existence as a private non-operating foundation, to principally support charitable organizations.
We invest primarily in the education, health care, environmental, housing, arts, social services, and civic sectors. We are looking to make grants that will accelerate an organization towards its own success and in the process help solve a community challenge in our geographic boundaries.
- Libraries, animal shelters, and economic development
- State Parks, land, and water
- Social Services
- Elderly, young children, and senior community centers
- Opera, fine arts, ballet, symphony, theatre, and museums
- K-12 and College
- Hospitals and Medical Centers
- Housing and Development
In each grant cycle, there are about 75 requests.
There are typically $2.5 of request for every $1 we have to grant. So, unfortunately, our grant decisions are a competitive process. We are seeking and prefer requests with ambitious outcomes, a thoughtful and rigorous plan, and the organizational capacity to deliver it (financial, leadership, experience, and more). The track record of the organization and its leadership with Longwood is an important factor in our decision making process.
We fund programs and operating as well as capital projects.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Foundation accepts grant requests from nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations located in and/or benefiting the residents, environment, or culture of the state of Delaware and within a four-mile radius of Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania.
- Organizations located in the state of Delaware or within four miles of Longwood Gardens in Pennsylvania with a 501c3 certificate may consider a grant request before our application deadlines.
- We are seeking and prefer requests with ambitious outcomes, a thoughtful and rigorous plan, and the organizational capacity to deliver it (financial, leadership, experience, and more).
- The track record of the organization and its leadership with Longwood is an important factor in our decision making process.
- Due to space limitations, preference will be given to nonprofit organizations that are eligible to apply in the next funding cycle.
- Keep in mind Longwood does not fund more than 50% of a project.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Longwood Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.