Louis Malassis International Scientific Prize for Agriculture and Food
Agropolis FondationSuggest an update
Grant amount: €20,000
Anticipated deadline: Feb 28, 2021 2:59pm PST
Applicant type: Faculty Research Scientist
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Degree requirements: Applicants must have a completed PhDView website Save
Agropolis Fondation Louis Malassis International Scientific Prize recognizes individuals, or a group of individuals, for their exemplary and promising contribution in promoting innovation through research, development and capacity building in the North, South or in the Mediterranean Region in order to improve food and agricultural systems sustainability as well as contribute to addressing food security and poverty reduction.
The Prize consists of the following categories:
- Young Promising Scientist Prize is given to a young individual, or a group of young scientists, who has carried out original and promising work in the field covered by the Prize.
- Distinguished Scien.st Prize is conferred to an outstanding scientist, or a group of scientists who has made significant contribution in the field covered by the Prize through his/her (or their collective) work.
- Outstanding Career in Agricultural Development Prize is awarded to a person still in activity whose professional career is devoted to agricultural development, be it in the field of research, innovation, development or policy.
The winner in each category will receive prize worth € 20,000.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible for the Prize, candidates should be from any of the following categories,and working in any of the fields stated in Article 1:
- Academic or research organization, public or private;
- Civil society organization;c
- Private sector group (e.g., small/medium enterprises).
- Each nominee (and each member of a group, in the case of a group nomination) should meet the following criteria:
- For the “Distinguished Scientist” Category:
- Holds a PhD degree
- At least 15 years of professional experience
- Proven significant contribution in one or various fields covered by the Prize, as stated in Article 1
- For the “Young Promising Scientist” Category:
- Holds a PhD degree
- At least 5 years of professional experience (outside of PhD education)
- Demonstrated potential in one or various fields covered by the Prize, as stated in Article 1
- Should be no more than 40 years old by 01 January 2019
- Due consideration will be accorded to female candidates who have had maternity leave(s)
- For the “Outstanding Career in Agricultural Development” Category:
- At least 20 years of professional experience
- Given to a person still in activity whose professional career is devoted to agricultural development, be it in the field of research, innovation, capacity building, development or policy in any of the fields covered by the Prize, as stated in Article 1
- A person can be a candidate in only one category.
- Previous nominees can still apply for the new edition of the Prize.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Louis Malassis International Scientific Prize for Agriculture and Food by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.