Louisiana Culture Care Fund Grants
Louisiana Endowment for the HumanitiesSuggest an update
Anticipated deadline: The deadline for this grant has passed
Grant amount: US $3,000 - US $20,000
Fields of work: Art History Writing & Literature Humanities & Social Science
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense
Location of project: Louisiana
Location of residency: Louisiana
About this funder:
NOTE: The application period will run May 4 through June 30, 2020, or until funds are expended. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and applicants will receive notification of award or rejection within ten days of submission. If an organization does not receive funding, the LEH will retain their application should more funding become available.
Louisiana Culture Care Fund
The LEH is offering emergency relief grants for 501(c)(3) non-profit cultural organizations in Louisiana with a strong humanities focus that have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Awards are designated for operational expenses, including but not limited to staff retention (payroll and benefits), rent, mortgage, and utilities.
Awards range from $3,000 – $20,000 and are based on the annual operating budget of the applicant organization:
- Organizations with annual operating budgets of under $50,000 can request up to $3,000.
- Organizations with annual operating budgets between $50,000 – $99,999 can request up to $7,000.
- Organizations with annual operating budgets between $100,000 – $499,999 can request up to $10,000.
- Organizations with annual operating budgets of $500,000 to $999,999 can request up to $15,000.
- Organizations with annual operating budgets of $1 million or more can request up to $20,000.
The NEH defines the humanities as including the fields of history, philosophy, literature, foreign languages, linguistics, comparative religion, ethics, archaeology, jurisprudence, art history, theory and criticism and philosophical and historical approaches to social sciences. For more information about how the humanities are defined, please visit the National Endowment for the Humanities website.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- No cost share is required for Louisiana Culture Care Fund grants.
- The LEH especially encourages applications from rural and underserved areas of the state but welcomes applications regardless of an organization’s size and location.
- Preference will be given to organizations who have not received funds from the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) but receipt of PPP funds does not disqualify organizations from applying for support from the Louisiana Culture Care Fund.
- Programmatic expenses are not eligible under the Louisiana Culture Care Fund grant stream.
- Note eligible:
- For-profit organizations.
- Organizations focused solely on the arts.
- Political or advocacy organizations.
- Government agencies.
- Universities, colleges, individual faculty members, and academic departments.
- However, museums, archives, university presses, and public-facing humanities centers affiliated with a college or university that have their own 501(c)(3) status and DUNS number may apply for Louisiana Culture Care Fund grants.