Lovett Foundation Grants
Grant amount: US $2,000 - US $3,000
Anticipated deadline: Jul 31, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: North Carolina
Location of residency: North CarolinaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
We believe that our future depends on the ability of the coming generations to think rationally and independently, to provide society with clean homes to live in and clean land to live in harmony with, to contribute to and appreciate our nation's evolving cultural heritage, and to dispel the notion that women, children, homosexuals, and other groups are somehow second class citizens.
The Lovett Foundation is a private foundation founded in 1992 by Charlie Lovett. In the early meetings of the board of directors, the foundation identified six areas in which it would make grants:
- education (especially primary through secondary),
- the arts,
- the environment,
- AIDS support, and
- women's and family issues.
We continue to fund in these areas, with the addition of LGBTQ issues.
In reviewing and considering grant applications for twenty-five years, the board has gradually developed a philosophy of giving—a philosophy which continues to develop. Grants are made in these areas, with preference given to those organizations for whom a grant of $2000–$3000 will make a significant difference. The average grant is $2700.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Lovett Foundation accepts grant applications from American non-profit organizations classified by the IRS as 501(c)(3).
- Grants are made for specific projects only and are not made to umbrella organizations.
- The board looks for applicants that have a strong volunteer base, a large number of constituents, and a significant impact on their communities.
- We look for places where our grant money can help an organization get established or reach beyond its previous parameters.
- We are often attracted to non-glamorous grants—we have purchased office machines, a refrigerator, and a truckload of processed rubber in the past.
- Most grants are made in North Carolina.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Lovett Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.