Lucille H. Pipkin Undergraduate Research Awards
New Mexico Geological SocietySuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $1,500
Anticipated deadline: Feb 15, 2020
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: New Mexico
Location of residency: New MexicoView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Society promotes interest in geology and associated sciences, fosters scientific research and publications, encourages cooperation among its members, and stimulates interest in New Mexico geology.
Lucille H. Pipkin Undergraduate Research Awards will be made to undergraduate students attending eligible New Mexico institutions who are undertaking faculty-supervised research leading to completion of an undergraduate research thesis or report.
The maximum award will not be greater than $1500.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Undergraduate students attending eligible New Mexico institutions who are undertaking faculty-supervised research leading to completion of an undergraduate research thesis or report.
- Eligible institutions are those with formal undergraduate research programs.
- Some “cross-over” projects that have elements of geology, but may not be exclusively related to geology, may be considered at the discretion of NMGS; however, the project must be geology-centered
- Grants-in-aid are awarded without bias regarding sex, race, age, creed, sexual orientation, or national origin.
- NMGS will support mileage costs up to $0.58/mile, equipment costs up to $750, thesis preparation costs up to $100, and thin section costs up to $30 each.
- NMGS may fund lodging requests if lodging is absolutely necessary (e.g. travel to work at a lab out of state or campground expenses).
- New projects take priority over continuing ones.
- Project areas and students enrolled in colleges outside of New Mexico are not eligible for funding.
- NMGS will not fund travel, per diem, or food requests or expenses, but may fund lodging requests if lodging is absolutely necessary to complete field and analytical work (e.g. travel to work at a lab located out of state or field-related campground expenses).
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Lucille H. Pipkin Undergraduate Research Awards by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.