Land, Health, Community Grant (formerly the Lumpkin Family Fund)
Lumpkin Family Foundation
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $25,000
Next deadline: Aug 24, 2018 (Letter of inquiry)
Later deadlines: Sep 28, 2018 (Full proposal), Feb 16, 2019 (Letter of inquiry), Mar 23, 2019 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Illinois: Champaign County, Christian County, Clark County, Coles County, Cumberland County, Douglas County, Edgar County, Effingham County, Fayette County, Macon County, Montgomery County, Moultrie County, Piatt County, Sangamon County, Shelby County, Vermilion County, Wayne County, Vermillion County, Indiana Expand all
Location of residency: Preferred: Coles County, Illinois Other eligible locations: Counties in Illinois: Champaign County, Christian County, Clark County, Coles County, Cumberland County, Douglas County, Edgar County, Effingham County, Fayette County, Macon County, Montgomery County, Moultrie County, Piatt County, Sangamon County, Shelby County, Vermilion County, Wayne County Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Land, Health, Community
Land, Health, Community, (formerly the Lumpkin Family Fund), is the Foundation’s primary and largest grantmaking program and reflects the Lumpkin family's historic connection and commitment to the community. A minimum of 50 percent of its annual grantmaking budget is spent on projects in East Central Illinois. Through Land, Healthy, Community we work toward a long term vision of holistically healthy communities.
We make grants in East Central Illinois that reflect our vision:
- Our community has a strong local food system and agricultural economy, resilient businesses, and amenities that attract new businesses and retain local talent. We are prosperous.
- Our community is physically active and values healthy eating. We are well and physically fit.
- Our community has strong leadership and the capacity for collaboration. We are socially engaged.
- Our community works to conserve, protect and preserve the natural environment. We value the natural beauty of the area.
Focus of Support
We will accept proposals from organizations working to advance our vision for grants that:
- Promote personal health through widespread availability and consumption of healthy, affordable food;
- Grow the local agricultural economy, sustaining and creating new viable farm and farm-related businesses;
- Develop, promote and scale innovative green practices that add productive value to farms while protecting the land for future generations; and,
- Encourage community engagement and collaboration, policy development and research around agriculture and rural development.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Proposals will be considered from eligible 501(c)(3) organizations that:
- reflect The Lumpkin Family Foundation's mission,
- serve the community without discrimination on the basis of race, sex, or religion,
- keep books available for regular independent outside audit, and
- make results available to all potential contributors, and
- comply with applicable laws regarding registration and reporting.
- We also will accept proposals from a fiscal agent to support aims that are charitable.
- We encourage grants from organizations across East Central Illinois.
- We give preference to rural organizations and those operating in Coles and the surrounding counties.
- We are especially interested in programs or projects that connect communities.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Land, Health, Community Grant (formerly the Lumpkin Family Fund) by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.