Luther I. Replogle Foundation Grant
Luther I. Replogle Foundation
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $10,000
Deadline: Aug 15, 2018
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Capital Project, General Operating Expense, Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: District of Columbia, Cook County, Illinois, Hennepin County, Minnesota
Location of residency: District of Columbia, Cook County, Illinois, Hennepin County, MinnesotaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Luther I. Replogle, a distinguished businessman, diplomat and philanthropist, established the Foundation in 1966 to support organizations and institutions whose goals are humanitarian, scholarly and cultural.
The Board and staff of the Foundation endeavor to find causes that reflect the interests of the founder and his family and that would be aided in reaching their goals by the modest funding that the Foundation can provide.
The Board of Replogle Foundation focuses its giving on the following areas:
- Programs addressing the needs of youth and children, and women with children living in, or at risk of, long-term poverty (especially children of inner-city residents). Of particular interest are:
- Programs designed to address immediate crisis situations and the provision of stabilization services;
- Programs designed to assist individuals in developing skills for self-sufficiency and to be able to participate constructively in society and the workforce;
- Programs designed to provide supplementary services to improve educational opportunities for inner city children, including enrichment programs in the arts and sciences, alternative schools, after-school tutoring and mentoring, and scholarship programs.
- Programs for affordable and supportive housing with a focus on single mothers and families with children, and youth on their own.
Types of Programs We Support
The Foundation makes grants in support of a wide range of organizations in line with its mission and funding priorities, including:
- enrichment programs in the arts and sciences,
- alternative schools,
- after-school tutoring and mentoring,
- scholarship programs,
- broad-spectrum social services,
- mental health counseling for children and youth,
- affordable and supporting housing that reaches single mothers and families with children, the elderly, and homeless youth;
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Foundation makes grants only to organizations that are tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- The Foundation’s primary geographic focus in grantmaking is the Chicago, Minneapolis, and Washington, DC.
- The Replogle Foundation gives strong preference to innovative programs and those organizations with small or modest operating budgets located in the following geographic areas: Chicago, Minneapolis, and Washington, DC.
- The Foundation does not generally support:
- Activities that have a specific religious purpose
- Assistance for individuals
- Attendance at or travel to conferences or costs related to conferences
- Business (for-profit) organizations
- Chemical dependency treatment
- Endowments, except in rare cases
- Health services or policy
- Services for seniors
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Luther I. Replogle Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.