LVCF Community Partnership Grants: Arts, Culture, and Heritage / Education / Environment
Lehigh Valley Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,500 - US $20,000
Next anticipated deadline: Jul 1, 2019
Later anticipated deadlines: Jul 1, 2021
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Pennsylvania: Lehigh County, Monroe County, Northampton County
Location of residency: Counties in Pennsylvania: Lehigh County, Monroe County, Northampton CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Lehigh Valley Community Foundation awards Community Partnership grants on an annual, competitive basis to publicly supported organizations with 501(c)(3) exempt status located in Lehigh and Northampton Counties for programs provided in those counties. Additionally, the Ben Franklin Trust Fund provides limited funding for non-profit organizations located in Monroe County.
The Foundation alternates its Community Partnership grant focus each year based on six specific areas of grantmaking: Arts, Culture & Heritage; Education; Environment; Healthcare; Human Services and Community Development.
Arts, Culture, & Heritage / Education / Environment Grant Cycle
In odd-numbered calendar years, applications will be accepted from non-profits whose missions are focused on:
- Arts, Culture, and Heritage
Once an organization is placed in an even year or an odd year cycle, it will remain in that cycle.
In determining an organization’s grantmaking area, the Foundation uses the National Taxonomy of Exempt Entities (NTEE) Classification System. An organization’s mission (as reflected in its NTEE code), not the program for which it is seeking funding, determines how it is classified. One NTEE code is assigned by the IRS upon initial approval of a non-profit's status.
LVCF has matched NTEE codes to its grantmaking areas as follows:
- Arts, Culture and Heritage - A
- Education - B
- Environment – C, D
Eligibility of an organization with an NTEE code of Z (unclassified) will be determined at the discretion of the Community Foundation.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Lehigh Valley Community Foundation awards Community Partnership grants on an annual, competitive basis to publicly supported organizations with 501(c)(3) exempt status located in Lehigh and Northampton Counties for programs provided in those counties.
- Applications for Community Partnership grants will be accepted only from organizations with a mission that is within one of the areas being funded that year.
- Any charity that solicits contributions within the State of Pennsylvania is required to register with the Pennsylvania Bureau of Charitable Organizations unless exempt from the registration requirements.
- If the program for which funding is sought is in one of the areas being funded that year, but the organization's mission is not, the application will not be considered.
- Community Partnership grants cannot be used for:
- Educational scholarships for pre-K, primary, secondary or post-secondary education
- Capital Campaigns
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the LVCF Community Partnership Grants: Arts, Culture, and Heritage / Education / Environment by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.