MA Conservation Partnership Grant
Massachusetts Department of Energy & Environmental Affairs (EEA)
Grant amount: Up to US $85,000
Deadline: Jul 16, 2018 12:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Massachusetts
Location of residency: MassachusettsView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Conservation Partnership grants provide funding to assist non-public, not-for-profit corporations in acquiring interests in lands suitable for conservation or recreation purposes. Potential projects fall into one of two categories:
- Land or a conservation restriction (CR) purchased by an eligible Applicant
- An eligible Applicant may request grant funding for reimbursement of approved acquisition and due diligence costs associated with the purchase of land (fee simple title) or of an interest in land (conservation restriction).
- Conversion of a term-limited CR to a permanent CR is eligible for funding.
- Due diligence for land or a conservation restriction gift donated to an eligible Applicant
- An eligible Applicant may request grant funding for reimbursement of approved due diligence costs associated with a land or conservation restriction gift being donated to the Applicant or for the due diligence costs associated with the acquisition of land by an Applicant.
The grant award will not exceed $85,000 for acquisitions and $10,000 for due diligence for gifts.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- This BID is open to qualified IRS 501(c)(3) organizations that have been formed for one of the purposes described in Section 4 of Chapter 180 of the General Laws.
- An organization must have 501(c)(3) status at the time an application is submitted.
- Eligible expense categories:
- Title search
- Acquisition (appraised value or negotiated price, whichever is less)
- Baseline Documentation Report
- Chapter 21E assessment
- Legal fees associated with the acquisition
- Recording fees
- Applicants selected to receive grant funding must use funds from non-state sources that total to at least double the grant request (i.e., the project budget must show funds from non-state sources for at least twice the grant amount requested from the Applicant).
- Projects that allow for multiple recreational opportunities, including hunting, involve lands in BioMap2, that comprise rare ecotypes or habitats, or that are large, abut other protected lands are preferred.
- Projects that protect a State Priority Preservation Area as shown on the South Coast Rail Corridor Plan, Merrimack Valley Land Use Priority Plan, or the 495/MetroWest Development Compact Plan, or other regional plan as they become available (if applicable) are also preferred.
- Municipalities are not eligible for funding.
- Ineligible expense categories: Please note that this is not a complete list.
- Costs associated with preparation and submission of application in response to BID
- Staff salaries
- Trail construction
- Stewardship or monitoring endowments
- Equipment or goods
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the MA Conservation Partnership Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.