Mackinac Island Community Foundation Grants
Mackinac Island Community Foundation
Grant amount: US $100 - US $1,500
Next deadline: Oct 1, 2018
Later deadlines: Apr 1, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Mackinac County, Michigan
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Mackinac Island Community Foundation is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving and enriching life for residents and visitors of Mackinac Island. Our Community Foundation was established as a source of charitable capital for the island. On average 450 gifts have been given yearly for the past five years. Total gifts since 1994 amount to more than $3.6 million. Our current asset size built up over the past twenty years is a little more than $8 million dollars and with continuing support and prudent investment management should increase the impact in the future.
We welcome grant seekers! The Community Foundation encourages grant applications from organizations serving Mackinac Island that are tax-exempt according to Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code.
Prospective grant applicants are encouraged to contact the Foundation to discuss their proposal and obtain more information about the grant making process.
MICF is most interested in projects that focus on arts and humanities, social service, education, community enrichment, youth, environmental awareness and protection, health and wellness, or the horse tradition on Mackinac Island. Grants normally range from $100 to $1,500.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Since the mission of the Mackinac Island Community Foundation is to enhance the quality of life for people on Mackinac Island, only projects pertaining to the Island will be considered.
- To be eligible to receive a grant, an applicant should qualify under Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regulations as a tax-exempt, charitable 501(c)(3) organization, be part of a municipal or educational organization, or a group with a recognizable charitable purpose.
- In general, highest priority is given to those applications that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Enables an organization to better carry out its purpose in the community
- Enhances cooperation among organizations
- Creates programs to meet emerging needs
- Builds new approaches to meet existing needs
- Benefits a large percentage of people
- Grants will NOT be made to individuals.
- Grants are normally not made for operating expenses, annual fundraising campaigns, political campaigns, loans, sectarian purposes, or deficit funding.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Mackinac Island Community Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.