Maddie's Fund Innovation Grants
Maddie's FundSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Next anticipated deadline: Mar 18, 2019
Later anticipated deadlines: Aug 6, 2019, Oct 29, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Maddie's Fund Innovation Grants
Maddie's Fund® is offering up to $5,000 to implement a new program at your shelter or rescue organization that will advance lifesaving. We are looking for applications that propose to implement a new program or expand an existing program to increase lifesaving at your organization.
Application Periods and Categories
See full examples here.
October 22 - 29, 2018:
- Alternatives to Intake
- Providing positive options to keep pets in their homes or communities when admission to a shelter is not the best choice, or rehome the pet without it entering a shelter. Providing assistance or resources to pet owners so they can keep their pets instead of surrendering them to a shelter or rescue. Implementing a Pets for Life program or similar, in your community.
- Capacity for Care
- Using the Five Freedoms of Animal Welfare, meeting the needs of each animal admitted to your organization and providing humane care, regardless of how the animal came in, whether feral or friendly, stray or owner surrendered, young or old.
- Engaging the Public
- Reaching out, engaging and embracing your community members for marketing or education purposes or to create transparency, buy-in, support or general awareness of your organization. Increasing public participation in the support of your organization. Key members of the public may include, but should not be limited to: elected or appointed officials, law enforcement, private veterinary clinics or the general public.
- Managed Admissions
- Scheduling your intake of animals according to your organization's ability to assure humane care through your organization to an appropriate outcome for each animal.
- Return to Field
- Programs designed to return healthy feral/community cats back to their colonies/homes, including:
March 11 - 18, 2019:
- Categories to be Announced
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grant recipients must:
- Be a U.S. based 501c3 or government animal welfare organization focused on dogs and/or cats.
- Only organizations that are 501c3 non-profit organizations, municipal government agencies or universities can apply for a grant through Maddie's Fund.
- Organizations that are 501c3 non-profit must be in good standing with the IRS.
- If you have applied for your tax-exempt status with the IRS, and have not yet received your approval, you are welcome to apply once you receive approval.
- Publicly share your annual animal statistics on your website (on the same page as your lifesaving percentage - see next bullet point).
- Publicly share your lifesaving percentage, including the formula for how it was calculated, on your website (on the same page as your annual animal statistics - see bullet point above).
- Be an active participant in Shelter Animals Count (if applicable).
- If your organization is a shelter or a rescue, you must be an active participant (entering data on a monthly basis) in Shelter Animals Count to be eligible for a grant from Maddie's Fund.
- Generally speaking, other types of organizations (TNR, non-profit veterinary clinic, sanctuary, etc.) do not qualify to participate in Shelter Animals Count.
- Be an active participant in the Million Cat Challenge (if applicable).
- If your organization is not a physical shelter you are exempt from this qualification.
- (Organizations that are foster-based rescue groups, TNR groups or non-profit veterinary clinics can - and are welcome to - register with Million Cat Challenge as a Supporting Organization, but that is not required for a Maddie's Fund grant.)
- If you have received funding from Maddie's Fund in the past, be current on all grant reporting requirements
- This grant opportunity is not designed to cover general operating costs or capital campaigns.
- We are generally not able to provide grants to individuals or for-profit organizations.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Maddie's Fund Innovation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.