Maddie's Fund Innovation Grants
Maddie's FundSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Next deadline: Aug 6, 2019
Later deadlines: Oct 29, 2019, Feb 19, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Maddie's Fund Innovation Grants
Maddie's Fund is offering up to $5,000 to implement a new program at your shelter or rescue organization that will advance lifesaving.
We're looking for applications that propose to either:
- implement a new innovative program in your organization or;
- take an existing program and redesign or reimagine it in an innovative way.
If you're proposing to redesign an existing program, you must indicate in your application what is new and innovative about it (for example, targeting a new population of animals or people).
For the February 11 - 19, 2019 cycle of Innovation Grants, we will be focusing on eight of the AmPA! 12 ingredients for Lifesaving (listed below). When filling out the application, you'll be selecting the Maddie's Fund Lifesaving Category that corresponds with the AmPA! Ingredient you're applying to implement. See list below.
Application Periods and Categories
February 11 - 19, 2019:
- Disease Prevention = Innovative Shelter Medicine;
- Intake Diversion = Alternatives to Intake;
- Population-based Foster Program = Innovative Foster Care;
- Progressive Adoption Policies = Removing Barriers to Adoption ;
- Progressive Return-to-Owner Policies = Innovative Training, Development and Leadership Growth;
- Sheltered Community Cats = Return to Field ;
- Immediate Make Ready = Removing Barriers to Adoption;
- Large Scale Transfer/Transport = Innovative Partnerships.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grant recipients must:
- Be a U.S. based 501c3 or government animal welfare organization focused on dogs and/or cats.
- Only organizations that are 501c3 non-profit organizations, municipal government agencies or universities can apply for a grant through Maddie's Fund.
- Organizations that are 501c3 non-profit must be in good standing with the IRS.
- If you have applied for your tax-exempt status with the IRS, and have not yet received your approval, you are welcome to apply once you receive approval.
- Publicly share your annual animal statistics on your website (on the same page as your lifesaving percentage - see next bullet point).
- Publicly share your lifesaving percentage, including the formula for how it was calculated, on your website (on the same page as your annual animal statistics - see bullet point above).
- Be an active participant in Shelter Animals Count (if applicable).
- If your organization is a shelter or a rescue, you must be an active participant (entering data on a monthly basis) in Shelter Animals Count to be eligible for a grant from Maddie's Fund.
- Generally speaking, other types of organizations (TNR, non-profit veterinary clinic, sanctuary, etc.) do not qualify to participate in Shelter Animals Count.
- Be an active participant in the Million Cat Challenge (if applicable).
- If your organization is not a physical shelter you are exempt from this qualification.
- (Organizations that are foster-based rescue groups, TNR groups or non-profit veterinary clinics can - and are welcome to - register with Million Cat Challenge as a Supporting Organization, but that is not required for a Maddie's Fund grant.)
- If you have received funding from Maddie's Fund in the past, be current on all grant reporting requirements
- This grant opportunity is not designed to cover an expansion of a program that will be doing more of what you're currently doing, nor is it designed to cover general operating costs or capital campaigns.
- We are generally not able to provide grants to individuals or for-profit organizations.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Maddie's Fund Innovation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.