MAEF Grant Program
Michigan Aviation Education Foundation (MAEF)
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Sep 30, 2018
Applicant type: Organizations
Funding uses: Research, Applied Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Michigan
Location of residency: MichiganView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About the MAEF
The Michigan Aviation Education Foundation (MAEF) is a public 501(c)(3) established in 1994. Its founder and first president was Mary Creason.
The original board of trustees consisted of the President of the Michigan Aviation Association (MAA), Chairman of the Michigan Aeronautics Commission (MAC) Aerospace Education Council, President of the Michigan Pilots and Owners Association, and five members of the Lake Michigan Chapter of the 99s.
The Foundation has two endowment trust funds which were established and funded through Michigan Aviation Association (MAA) Air Tour fund raising activities and public donations.
The Foundation provides grants to Michigan based organizations and scholarships to Michigan residents for aviation and aerospace education. Since its inception, the MAEF has awarded over $35,000 in grants and scholarships.
Michigan Aviation Education Foundation Mission: To promote and advance aviation and aerospace education throughout the State of Michigan.
The Michigan Aviation Education Foundation (MAEF) Grant Program was established for the purpose of providing financial assistance for the advancement of education and training in aviation or aeronautics within the State of Michigan. Grants may be awarded to organizations for projects or program goals that meet the MAEF mission and program guidelines. This shall include:
- Programs or projects that provide technical training in an aviation, aeronautics or aerospace related field
- Programs or projects that provide academic educational credit in an aviation, aeronautics or aerospace related field
- Aviation, aeronautics or aerospace historical education programs or projects
- Research projects directly associated with the advancement of aviation or aerospace
- Other programs or projects that directly promote and advance aviation, aeronautics or aerospace education
Selection will be based on:
- Direct relationship of the project or training/education program to the MAEF mission, purpose and program requirements;
- Benefit of the project or program to aviation, aeronautics or aerospace education in Michigan; and
- Evidence of the organization’s ability and feasibility to accomplish the project or training/educational program goals.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicant organizations must be incorporated or registered and based in the State of Michigan.
- Applicants must be able to complete the education, training, related project, or specified portion of the project for which MAEF grant funds are being sought within one year of the time the MAEF grant is awarded.
- Applicants requesting funds for training and college credit programs or
projects must ensure all applicable accreditation prerequisites and
certifications are acquired prior to seeking the MAEF grant.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the MAEF Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.