Makana Aloha FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Maui County, Hawaii
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Makana Aloha Foundation is a private Family Foundation dedicated to supporting and improving the Maui Community.T he Foundation was a natural progression from a life of generous giving on the mainland.
Our mission is to support secular organizations that directly improve the Maui community in the areas of Public Education, the Arts, Healthcare, Animal Welfare and Environmental Conservation.
Our vision is to provide seed capital to fund projects that might not otherwise be funded and help provide a foundation that can be used to build upon for future projects.
Specific Areas of Focus
- Education: We endorse unique opportunities to enhance the education of Maui students within the public school system.
- The arts: In appreciation of the Arts, we support organizations making Maui a place where culture and the arts can flourish.
- Healthcare: We believe everyone should have quality, affordable, accessible healthcare. We encourage innovations that help achieve that goal.
- Animal Welfare: We, as animal lovers, support those like-minded organizations dedicated to the preservation and well-being of animals on Maui.
- Environmental conservation: We support sustainable energy and agriculture alternatives that help preserve the natural integrity of Maui and it’s culture.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- All grants must be located in Maui island.
- To be considered for a grant, applicants must:
- Provide a copy of their IRS 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status verification letter with IRS indication that you are not a private foundation.
- Be non-sectarian.
- A religiously affiliated group may operate a program, but participation must be open to anyone and be non-discriminatory.
- The service delivery must be free of worship or religious teaching.
- Not discriminate in hiring staff or providing services on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
- We do not fund Endowments, Loans , Individuals , large capital projects, projects outside our geographic territory.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the MAF Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.