MCF General Operating Support Grants
Maine Cancer Foundation
Grant amount: US $10,000 - US $50,000
Anticipated deadline: Jul 13, 2019 2:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit Hospital / Clinic College / University
Funding uses: General Operating Expense
Location of project: Maine
Location of residency: MaineView website Save Need help writing this grant?
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Who can apply for general operating support funding?
- Organizations whose mission is aligned with Maine Cancer Foundation’s mission to reduce cancer incidence and mortality in Maine.
- Organizations must be based in Maine and benefit Maine people.
- Must have IRS 501c3 status.
- Must have a minimum two-year operating history after the date of receipt of its 501c3 classification.
- Must have annual operating expenses greater than $100,000 as reflected in the most recently filed IRS 990 form.
- Must have at least one full-time paid employee.
- National organizations with local chapters/affiliates or programs:
- Local chapters/affiliates or programs must demonstrate local control over their finances and operations, and have a local governing board.
- Written documentation delineating local control over the local chapter/affiliate must be available upon request.
- All funds must stay in Maine.
- Geographic distribution of grants will be considered.
- A grant recipient’s work must further Maine Cancer Foundation’s mission.
- The results or benefits of any Foundation supported investigation or program are required to remain in the public domain for the benefit of Maine people.
- Who cannot apply?
- Organizations with budgets over $2,000,000.
- Organizations who re-grant funding.
- Organizations that are carrying a deficit on one out of their last three completed fiscal year financial statements.
- What We Will Not Fund
- Endowment funds.
- Capital campaigns.
- Maine Cancer Foundation will not knowingly support projects that discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation.
- Funds may not be diverted to benefit any individual.
- Requests for general operating support may not exceed 10% of an organization’s annual operating expenses.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the MCF General Operating Support Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.