Maj and Tor Nessling Foundation: Environmental Research Grant
Maj and Tor Nessling Foundation
Grant amount: €24,000 - €28,000
Anticipated deadline: Sep 15, 2018
Applicant type: Unaffiliated Researcher Research Scientist Faculty Postdoctoral Researcher PhD Student
Funding uses: Research, Conference
Location of project: Finland
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The foundation supports scientific research in all areas of environmental protection, as well as communication on scientific environmental information. The research results of the funded projects should be applicable into societal decision making in Finland, or support national environmental goals in some other way.
Foundation emphasizes environmental research that is solution-oriented and promotes collaboration between actors. As the environmental problems we face today are interlinked challenges, the Foundation encourages researchers to collaborate over disciplines and sectors.
The supported research areas are divided in four groups
- Natural sciences
- Atmospheric research
- Research on the water environment
- Research on terrestrial and soil ecosystems
- Research and development in environmental technology
- Social sciences
- Environmental management
- Environmental legislation
- Environmental policy
- Other relevant disciplines
- Communication of environmental knowledge
- Scientific conferences and meetings
- Events, publications and other actions enhancing the spread of research results and environmental knowledge in public discussion and decision-making.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Research grants are only awarded to researchers with a higher academic degree or doctoral degree.
- Doctoral students of PhD-projects must have graduated (master's degree or equivalent) in order to be eligible for a personal grant.
- Post doc -researchers must have finished their doctoral degree and can be provided with only one post doc funding period of two years from Nessling Foundation.
- If grant is applied for other purposes than for research project (eg. conference or communication project), applicant can be a private person, community or organization.
- The most common forms of funding are research grants for PhD- and post doc -projects.
- Other costs related to the research project (travel, equipment, consumables, analysis) can be applied with the personal grant.
- Research assistants can be employed as assisting personnel.
- We only fund complete PhD- or other research projects and do not support revision/finishing of projects.
- Each applicant is allowed to submit only one application at a time.
- A new research project is not supported if the applicant has an ongoing Nessling-project.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Maj and Tor Nessling Foundation: Environmental Research Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.