Project Grants: Research Grants for Environmental Protection Solutions
Maj and Tor Nessling Foundation
Grant amount: €100,000 - €200,000
Anticipated deadline: Sep 15, 2018
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher PhD Student Research Scientist Faculty
Funding uses: Research, Conference, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Finland
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
In 2016, at the same time with the open call, the Foundation will open up 100,000 – 200,000 euro grants for applications for solutions-focused research projects that promote environmental protection, the themes of which are not limited.
The foundation supports scientific research in all areas of environmental protection, as well as communication on scientific environmental information. The research results of the funded projects should be applicable into societal decision making in Finland, or support national environmental goals in some other way.
Foundation emphasizes environmental research that is solution-oriented and promotes collaboration between actors. As the environmental problems we face today are interlinked challenges, the Foundation encourages researchers to collaborate over disciplines and sectors.
The Supported Research Areas are divided into four groups:
Research on the water environment
Research on terrestrial and soil ecosystems
Research and development in environmental technology
Other relevant disciplines
Communication of environmental knowledge
Scientific conferences and meetings
- Events, publications and other actions enhancing the spread of research results and environmental knowledge in public discussion and decision-making.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Research grants are only awarded to researchers with a higher academic degree or doctoral degree.
- Doctoral students of PhD-projects must have graduated (master's degree or equivalent) in order to be eligible for a personal grant.
- Main Criteria For Funding:
- Solution orientation and societal relevance of the research results
- Scientific quality and innovativeness of the research
- Scientific competence of the applicant and the research group
- Collaboration with other researchers / research groups /organizations
- Communication and interaction with stakeholders (especially with end-users of the results)
- Training environment (for PhD studies)
- In general call you may apply research grant for PhD- or Post doctoral work, or for projects that communicate scientific environmental information to decision makers or general public.
- The grant applicant, i.e. the project leader of the project must be a merited researcher in his or her own field who has completed a doctoral degree.
- The project leader can apply for a salary appropriate for his or her career stage for the year they have to be away from their full-time job.
- The responsible leader can also apply for the funds only - or in addition to their own salary - for hiring one or two PhD or postdoctoral level researchers for a year. It is also possible to include a reasonable amount of travel funds and other research funds in the application.
- We only fund complete PhD- or other research projects and do not support revision/finishing of projects.
- A new research project is not supported if the applicant has an ongoing Nessling-project.
- The personal grant must be applied by the grantee, not by a research group.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Project Grants: Research Grants for Environmental Protection Solutions by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.