Major Capital Requests
Grant amount: More than US $500,000
Anticipated deadline: Jul 1, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Capital Project
Location of project: Hawaii
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The McInerny Foundation is one of the largest charitable foundations in the State of Hawai‘i. Its funds originated from the estates of twin brothers, William and James McInerny, and their older sister, Ella McInerny, whose wealth was generated in large part by a distinguished clothing establishment in the city of Honolulu.
Fields of Interest
- Arts & Culture
- Human Services
Major Capital Requests
Major Capital requests may include capital campaigns, projects and equipment purchases with TOTAL costs of $500,000 and more.
Major Capital grants may be provided for the purchase of equipment, renovations and construction of buildings; and occasionally for the purchase of land to protect the environment.
Generally, the Foundation prefers to be one of several contributors, expecting the organization to acquire needed funds from several sources to assure the project is completed at a specific time and/or in a timely manner.
In the interest of public causes, McInerny Foundation has long required that all (100%) board of directors of an organization make a personal annual financial contribution, at some level, to the support of the organization ‐ in addition to participating in fundraising activities. Directors are also required to attend Board meetings, volunteer work when needed, and make significant efforts to gain community and business support.
Some other factors considered in reviewing a proposal are:
- the community’s need for the proposed project in relation to other similar activities
- reasonableness of the project’s income/expenditure budget
- ability of the applicant to obtain entire funding and complete the proposed project.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- McInerny Foundation provides grants to organizations benefiting the people of Hawaii. Organizations must be exempt from federal taxes under Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code and be classified as a public charity.
- These conditions must be met before submitting a major capital request:
- There must be 100% financial contribution from all Board, Trustees, and Committee members.
- Organization must have already attained 75% of the total campaign goal and/or project/equipment cost, or both.
- Necessary primary permits and government entitlements, if applicable, must have already been processed or pending process (proof required).
- McInerny Foundation does not provide grants for the purchase of real estate; nor does the foundation provide grants for deficit funding or for endowments.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Major Capital Requests by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.